Weapon keeps locking up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
I have a problem with my weapon, the railgun.
Some folks don't want the altfire to be anything, and some want a sniperzoom.
To satisfy both sides, I'm gonna make this an option.
The problem is that the weapon locks up if i don't have any altfire functions or if they dont do anything (don't return anything)
I've note encountered this problem when using then zoom for altfire, but when I remove the altfire function altogether.
The locking happens when someone fires, then holds down altfire while the fire animation is played.
Then it's stuck, (don't use the Idla anim or anything) and you must toss the weapon and pick it up again to make it work (you can't even switch weapons...)

Thank you.

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
function AltFire(float Blah);

..locks up the weapon? Somehow I doubt it...seems like there must be an error elsewhere in your weapon to be causing this kind of problem.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
ive gotten the same problem. I think it has to do with animations and stuff like that... try putting Ignores Fire, Altfire; in the AltFiring state... that usually fixed things for me... i think? i cant really remember, but its something really stupid like that.

Brain2002

Oct 8, 2001
Visit site
new mod

We need more people that can help us.
Programmers
Modelers+Skinning
Graphic
Sound+Voices And Map Designers.
It's a very big project and i'm busy with the website.
e-mail is

vlosk

Feb 4, 2001
vlosk.unrealcenter.com
Few Things

#1 There is a section to advertising, so post your help wanted there. (to the last post before this)

#2 The altfire needs to do -something-. it has to do with states. if you are clever with states you can make a blank altfire quite easily, if not, the weapon enters the do nothing state and never leaves it. a simple fix is to make it like the normal fire, but instead of shooting, simply make it paly a 'click' sound and a slight animtion. From my experience, the sound and animation are key, (well animation at least) as otherwise the weapon locks up as before. To make the weapon use normal fire for altfire, simply make it go:

function AltFire(Float Value)
{
Fire(Value);
}

#3 I am willing to trade material of a finished nature. I have a full railgun weapon that was eventually going to become a mutator type object (instagib) for our updcoming project, but i would be more than willing to trade the weapon, and a very pretty particle spiral (QII style, non cheesy mesh based :)P to the UE4T one), and framerate friendly). Heck, it even comes with a choice of three scrapped 'railgun models' if you want, so if you are interested in a trade (of any sort, code, models, mapping, etc) then you can reach me at: vlosk@powersurfr.com