Modeling Levels in MAX and Exporting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Edge

Jan 14, 2001
www.users.fast.net
Is it possible? I apolgize if this question has been asked 1000x on this board, but I'm new.

If it is possible I'd like to know all the information about it. Thank you!

Chester

Nov 18, 2000
Visit site
As far as I know, you could make a basic level in max and export it in DXF format(I think) and then import it into unrealed as one big brush, I did this to make an archway and to import a level I did for half-life. It didn't really work out too well though.

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
You should model complex brushes you can't get with either the primitive constructors or the 2D ed, but never a whole level. This is because UnrealEd has a problem with large brushes, and because of the way the solidity determination works. In Max the world is empty, and you fill it with stuff, whereas in the Unreal engine you have to carve the level out of the solid world and then, if you want, add bits in again such as boulders or statues, which you can make in Max.