Can't host or join Valhalla Avatar servers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I've been trying to play Operation: Na Pai with a friend, and for some reason, I can't join his server, and he can't join mine. We pretty much get stuck at the connecting screen. The server log says that we joined, even though we really didn't.

I know the problem is Valhalla Avatar, but I can't find any way to get around it. This doesn't just happen with ONP, though. If Valhalla Avatar is being used when my friend is hosting a deathmatch, we can't join that, either.

Is there any way I can join his server with Valhalla Avatar, or is it possible for him to disable it in ONP?

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
Are you sure you are setting these servers up properly with the right server packages? Just because both "clients" and the server has the packages, the server still needs the serverpackages configuration there.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Valhalla replaces UTs player class with its own and ONP uses a custom player class other than the UT ones. Maybe Valhalla got rid of ONPs player class but couldnt spawn its own and might be why the server can't spawn the player to connect to it.

You might want to host the server without valhalla and see if the other player can connect to it. Another thing is, don't forget that a server needs the ServerPackages of the mods that should also run on clients like Valhalla does.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Are you sure you are setting these servers up properly with the right server packages? Just because both "clients" and the server has the packages, the server still needs the serverpackages configuration there.

Yeah, I've made sure everything is set up correctly. I added all of the packages the Valhalla Avatar readme said to. I'll ask my friend about his settings, too.

War_Master said:
Valhalla replaces UTs player class with its own and ONP uses a custom player class other than the UT ones. Maybe Valhalla got rid of ONPs player class but couldnt spawn its own and might be why the server can't spawn the player to connect to it.

That's interesting, I didn't know ONP added its own class. I'll see if I can find anything about that. If Valhalla Avatar and ONP are conflicting, I think my friend will know what to do about it.

Thanks for the suggestions :):tup:

EDIT: We reinstalled Valhalla Avatar, and now we can join ONP as long as we run VA over the ONP version. But now we can't enter the codes to open doors. Any suggestions?

Last edited: