Man get 400 on SAT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Grim_Reaper ~UFS~ said:
I pray to Buddha that he is kidding or already took the SAT and tried on it, otherwise he just ****ed up his future for a few laughs.
Read the article next time before you comment on it, reaper.
The Article said:
On 2003 April 5th, a Saturday, at the age of 33, I threw away my dignity, mocked
my Ivy League education, disgraced my Master's degree, and proved, in just over
three hours, that humans can do things "The System" didn't anticipate. Things
didn't turn out exactly as planned, but it was a crazy experience!

Yeah, phatcat, I know that situation. Some mother****er has a super high score in high school, but can't get in together past that and washes/drops out.

Although the best would have to be someone with a (now this ain't no ****!) college degree calling me out before taking the ASVAB (like the SAT for the military) then FAILING the mother****er (22, meaning he only did better then 22 percent of all test takers). That was hilarious.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Don't start bashing people with high scores yet though. Although most of them are indeed idiots, easily passing tests is not a good thing. It totally destroys the motivation to do anything, and if you want to do anything at all you will need motivation.

I hate all school systems in this god forsaken world, it's made for a standard student. Forgetting there is no such thing as a standard student.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
I hated my old school, I did pathetic in my GCSE, compared to what i could have done. I decided to go to college (Not sort of college in america that is = to uni over here). Now I have completed my BTEC ND and did better than what I thought I would do and now going to Birmingham uni to study for a Bsc in software design and networks. Yet if I went back to my old school they would have never thought of me going to uni.

phatcat said:
isn't that the aptiude test for the miltiary they make you take in High School. :con:

You aren't forced to take it. Kinda like the SAT, but if you like cars, mechanical systems, basic electricity/electronics, or other stuff like that you can make up the difference with math kids. And you are tested at like a 8th grade level.

But yeah, more then anything that showed me two things. First, that guy didn't sound like a retard, he was a retard. Second, having a degree doesn't mean you possess basic skills at anything.

Last edited:

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
I really hope the SAT is banished. I mean, it doesn't really prove much on the verbal stuff. And the math section is ..pretty stupid. Just a way for College Board to make you feel stupid and paranoid for choosing an answer. Guess that's why my SAT scores aren't so great (well they are average I guess.) o_O. My scores were/are in Phatcat's range.

You don't HAVE to take them, true, but colleges look at your SAT/ACT scores as one of the deciding factors of being accepted into their halls.

Last edited by a moderator:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I think people just generally get stupid as they age anyhow. You just specialize your skills in a few fields while the rest just go to hell. Honstly i've seen people that are obviouly making good money confronted with simple child problems like "put the right shapes in the right slots" and fail.

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
The verbal section is changing next year. They're taking out analogies and putting in more critical reading. And the stuff tested on the SAT is pretty basic as far as actual content. It's just how you think more than anything else and how well you reason things out.

Of course most of the test goes against almost everything else you've ever learned in school either in how it's graded or how the questions are presented. It was still less painful than the MCAT was, by far.

Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
really? Changing the point range? I hadn't heard that... But it does seem that they will be adding an essay, which will make things even more subjective to the conditions in which you are placed... :(

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
I haven't heard of scoring changes in any official capacity yet. The only changes officially announced that I'm aware of are:

1. The former SAT verbal section will be renamed critical reading. This section will no longer include analogies. Instead, short reading passages will be added to existing long reading passages.

2. A new section called the SAT writing section will be added. It will contain multiple-choice grammar questions as well as a written essay.

3. The SAT math section will be expanded to cover three years of high school math. Instead of just covering concepts from Geometry and Algebra I, the new SAT math section will contain concepts from Geometry, Algebra I and Algebra II.

The new SAT will be administered for the first time in March 2005 for the class of 2006.

I remember back when scores were dropping. They "normalized" the test a bit making scores now higher than they were before for the same number of right answers. Kinda sucks.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
well sub i believe is right about everything except when the new one is being done, the lucky class of 2005 gets it first, beginning in 2004. I took it last may and planned on taking it again in june, but i got a 1480, and realized any higher woulda been proof to colleges how lazy i was in school (my college counsellor agreed) so i took some SATIIs intead.

but they are doing lots of preping in my school for 2005 kids not to **** up the new SAT, apparently the college board has some sample testing out there somewhere....

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm in the lucky class of 2005. And all I have to say about all the new tests that my class is getting saddled with is: What the ****? Math A regents tests, 15% passing? Math B, 30%? There's something wrong here...