One major disadvantage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
EDIT: Come to think of it, why don't most scopes have only a single notched line going down from the middle of the view and get rid of the mostly superfluous lines on the top and sides?

several reasons, first of all the lines on a scope just aren't painted on the glass, there has to be soming inside the scope, in between the lenses. Alot of low-tech scopes (including the one i have at home) Is just two wires criss-crossed in the middle of the scope.

Also along the lines of the scope there are what is called
"mil-dots", they are basicly dots spaced the same length apart, these dots alow a sniper to estimate range to target(and windgae i think, not sure tho).

l.robert

Dec 4, 2001
near Paris, france
Visit site
stupid psycho you said "in the army they train people to shot without scope "

i played a lot INF and now i fire both from aimed mode and Hip mode. ill say that in CBQ i use more hip mode than aimed mode.thats INF TRAINING

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
this is like a christian (that dude) accidentally falling into the lion (inf forumers) pit, and the lions are hungry (for 2.87).

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
I believe his original point is to do with the inadequacies of hip-mode for aiming at more than arms length and the lack of a shouldered but not zoomed mode for scoped weapons.

/me looks embarassed at speaking "CS Player".

On usenet, apparently "plonk" is the sound of someone landing in your killfile.

What does the Ignore List sound like? I'm thinking something along the lines of a clatter.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
no
hes "honestly" arguing the fact that he thinks soldiers can aim there weapons perfectly without having to use sights....

hahahaha cs is the most "popular" so it MUST be right haha

most popular only means that the majority of people ARE ****IN IDIOTS

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Even counterstrike (the most popular game) has crosshairs but they don't shoot straight to where the crosshair is.

ARGH! BACK CONEFIRE! BACK I SAY! BACK!

BTW by it being the most popular game, that means it's the easiest to hack. 10-some realism mods, all with crosshairs, and we make something different for once, IRON SIGHT AIMING! Right click, and if you can't use that, then don't say anything about the military training, because no one has made crosshair eye implant technology yet.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Originally posted by Chow Yun-Fat
this is like a christian (that dude) accidentally falling into the lion (inf forumers) pit, and the lions are hungry (for 2.87).

:lol:

Yeah, yeah :D I've got two things to say:

RTFM, and to everyone else,
dontfeedthetroll.gif

karsh

Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh
May 24, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
Im not going to flame this person

but I will say this
well ask this anyway.....

Are you a CS player just turning up here to cause trouble?

if so... you have picked the wrong time...
with the impending release of Infiltration 2.87 everyone in here is alittle on edge...

hay with only 4 posts I just may be right...
I know I've helped stir up the CS forums from time to time under different names. but atleast I have alot of posts behind my name before I use them to cause havok....

oh and PS
Infiltration has many many ex and currently serving military as members of its community and even a whole clan is made up of these... its not a good idea of trying to quote soilder stuff around here...

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Originally posted by pshyco123456
What i mean is that the army trains men not to always use scopes. they are trained to shoot & hit without scopes. I mean you should be able to have crosshairs without looking threw scope. Even counterstrike (the most popular game) has crosshairs but they don't shoot straight to where the crosshair is.

its called 'hipping' the gun

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
after you play a while you dont need to right click at close ranges. personally i dont right click with most guns under 30 yards since the view is worse for many of them

and karsh i dont think he's here just to 'stir up trouble'

cmon ppl be nicer

pshyco123456

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
The army teeches there soldiers to aim without using a scope. I have talked to some real soldiers and they say they aim without using a scope. i admit to get perfect aim for like headshots you would use a scope. So don't tell me im wrong. :sniper:

&

"Sp!ke"

Can we please just let this thread die, and pretend that it never happend?

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
pshyco123456 -

We all are aware that it is possible to shoot and hit a target without a scope. We know that soldiers are trained to do so. We also know that this is possible in Infiltration.

When playing Infiltration, you must press your secondary fire key to aim. When you press the secondary fire key, the weapon model will come up, and you will be able to look through the sights. Just like real soldiers do. :) Understand?

/me Wonders if pshyco123456 is really Funk$tylz just having fun with us.