Footstep sounds?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
How can I create textures with different footstep sounds(like in Sin,Kingpin or HL)?
The last time I tried this (simply changing footstep sounds in the texture properties from none to something different) UED deleted the last version of my map and the .utx file with the changed texture.
By the way: What´s the best way to avoid bsp holes?

Kinski

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Same way as before. Just remember to save the texture package, sound package, and the map. Otherwise it won't be saved. Not a good thing.

To avoid BSP holes, don't attempt to do anything with lots of detail. Take the time to experiment with what will cause problems and what won't. And always remember to rebuild the map every now and then.