How do u set up a Modem-To-Modem Conection In UT...Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fatbastard14

Dec 11, 1999
Visit site
I heard that theres a way and ive seen a link to a site that shows how to do it but the site wont load. I really want to know because pings are considerably lower on 56k in a modem-to-modem conection. Thanks

A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon

The Baboon... HAS.... SPOKEN
Aug 12, 2000
My Groin Is Sore
Visit site
First off
The last time i did that my ping was considerably higher than normal (DAMN YOU BILL)

To achieve this you must create a Dial-up link to your friends computer within windows, not UT.

In WindowsExplorer go to DialUPNetworking and there will be a new menu at the top called connections.

There should be a item in there called dial up server.
If not then you dont have the component installed. :(

If you do, one of the computers needs to run this and check the "allow incoming calls" buttton

The other computer will have to create a new connection to the first computer, when all is in readyness, call the computer that has the server running and it should pick up, creating what looks like an internet connection.

Now both computers must go Into UT and look in LAN servers.
Once one computer has started a network game, it will appear in the lan servers.
(note the computer that creates the game whill have a ping of 0 and the client will have 150-300.

Have Fun
Feel free to send me money