Steam summer sale

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So far nothing that excites me really. If Witcher 2 wins the first round of voting then I might pick that up. Have been waiting on Last Remnant to drop below $10 bucks for sometime, currently at 17 so there is still hope.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
This is your wallet:
[screenshot]http://whywebpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/wallet-full-of-100s.jpg[/screenshot]

This is your wallet on Steam sales:
[screenshot]http://www.pixelhunt.com.au/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/empty-wallet.jpg[/screenshot]

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
That reminds me. Went on a vacation over the weekend to visit old friends
I was informed that one of them got rather fat since I last saw him
When I saw said fat friend I should have taken a pic cuz my first thought was "Oh my god... Gaben Jr!"

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Some nice deals on there
Portal/Portal2 combo for $6.24
MW3 half off (yank, yank)
Bethesda collection for $50(Brink/Fallout:NV/Skyrim)
Square/Eidos collection for $50(DeusEx series, Hitman, JustCause2, TombRaider)

Valve pack is pretty huge too, tho I suspect most will already have a bulk of it

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Jacks, perhaps you'll find this a bit more relatable:

fVbL7.gif

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
So what's this bullshit about anyways? Worth getting, or is it just another GTA clone?

It is a GTA clone, but lots of things are done differently. Some things, like combat, are done much better imho. Other things, like vehicle physics and damage, are done much worse imho. Saints Row games have always been more arcade-y and wacky than GTA games, if that's even possible.

It's more like the older GTAs (San Andreas/Vice City/III) and practically nothing like GTA IV, with the realism and stuff, which Saints Row does not have.

As to whether or not the game is good ... eh, I liked it. It wasn't mind-blowing, but none of the SR games were. It was relatively solid mindless-destruction fun for the 10 or so hours it took for me to finish the campaign. There are also tons of upgrades and unlockables to find if you fancy that sort of thing (I don't.)

There is also an awesome section where ... (non-massive spoiler ahead:)
... Burt Reynolds enlists your help to fight off the beginnings of a zombie apocalypse in the middle of the city. Yep, zombies and Burt-Fucking-Reynolds. And also a guy that talks completely in autotune. Saints Row is cool like that.
In the end, I'd probably buy it if I didn't already have it. You should play the first two games before the third if possible, Saints Row does actually follow a series plot. The first two are more-or-less just as good as the third.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Saint's Row is great because it never gets in the way of letting you do ridiculous stuff that's just flat-out fun.

Want to skydive as a drag-queen clown and blow up rival gangs or innocent bystanders with a grenade launcher? How about a gun that shoots fish guts, attracting a shark that pops up through the sidewalk and eats the guy chasing you down? Drive a tank through city streets causing mayhem? Don a Hotdog costume and hijack a boat or a flying motorcycle? Bodyslam pedestrians while wearing a wrestling outfit?

Yep, you can do any of that stuff. Why? Because it's funny as hell.

Anyhow... day 1 picked up:
- Spellforce 2 Gold $5 (I've been looking for a good NWN kind of game)
- Legend of Grimrock $6 (a crazy cool old school dungeon crawler - map editor coming soon!)
- Might and Magic Clash of Heroes + DLC $4 (Mix Puzzle Quest, a bit of strategy, and some charming JRPG art)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Day 1 for me was both of the Renegade Ops dlc for $4.73 total

And just picked up Trine 2 for $3.74. Would have picked up the first game as well since they also discounted the 2 pack for 75% off, but it is local coop only so screw that business.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
I would strongly recommend terraria if somehow you dont already have it, and the binding of isaac is pretty fun too.