UT3 AS-UT99_Frigate

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Hi all :)
This is a conversion of the original assault map AS-Frigate.
This is my second conversion of assault maps and I still doing testings, but it goes very well.

Map Info:
- Name: AS-UT99_Frigate
- Game: Unreal Tournament 3
- Type: Assault (click link to see details)

Images (click to link TinyPic)

Status of the conversion:
- T3D conversion: Done
- Package developement: Done
- Edit terrain: Done
- Add movers: Done
- Add textures: Done
- Add lights: Done
- Add sounds/music: Done
- Add actors: Done
- Add nodes/AI: Done
- Add fluids: Done
- Assault configuration: Done
- Cinematics: Done
- Details: In process...
- Beta Testing: In process...
- Server mode: Testing...

Download beta2 (26/09/2009)
- Self-extracting format (recommended, click to download)
- Manual format (click to download)

Thanks to Cowlike for the Assault Gametype developement, and to Ignotium for his help and advices.
Thanks to PrototypeNr1 for his feedback and interest.

I apreciate your support :rolleyes:
See you again.

Attachments

• FrigateOLD.jpg
    FrigateOLD.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 159
  • FrigateNEW.jpg
    FrigateNEW.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 180
  • FrigateOLDStart.jpg
    FrigateOLDStart.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 113
  • FrigateNEWStart.jpg
    FrigateNEWStart.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Known bugs and issues:

- Pipe fragment (objective 2) hasn't sound effect yet
- UI message "Doors opening..." missing
- Destroyable objectives take too much high damage
- Destroyable objectives didn't take low damage properly
- The gates explodes two times on cinematic

Last version fixes (beta2):

- Fixed bug that stucks the cammera on victory cinematic when you press a button to skip it (reported by Cockbite, fixed by Cowlike)
- Fixed bug that at the start of a match, players can't spawn and must wait or suicide (reported by PrototypeNr1)
- Fixed bug that makes bots lose their way down the wodden bridge
- Fixed the lamming point in the roof of the bridge that allowed an attacker to jump and wait in the roof until the final objective is available (reported by Prototype Nr1)
- Fixed some light issues
- Fixed flash on cinematic explossion
- The hold-time of the last objective is now reversable after 20 seconds
- Replaced the X-Ray by jump boots to defenders
- Jump-paths processed, now the bots use jumpboots and translocator if it's activated
- Increased the max players to 24
- Updated assault to 1.1 version

Last edited:
Hi there

I'm pleased to announce the first beta of Frigate (my second map).
Please be free to download it, and please enjoy!

As you can see, I added a new stairs to access the bridge of the frigate, to give attackers a second way to access the final objective.
I added too a duct to allow a second way to access the compressor room.

Hope you like the final cinematic :rolleyes:

Please enjoy!
And remember: report any bug or suggestion.

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
just checked it out. nice idea adding that stairs and that duct. i think a cool way would be adding 1 pair of jumpboots at the attackers spawnpoint. so you can jump from the wooden platform to the ship. it's a bit tricky and ****ing close but it works. i tried it in console with :

set UTGame DefaultInventory (class'UTWeap_Enforcer',class'UTWeap_ImpactHammer',class'UTJumpBoots')

i found following bugs:

- as defender i have to suicide after the first spawn. Else i am stuck somewhere out of the map.
- final button triggertime should be reduced to 0,5 again ;)

if you could do that i think map will be ownage :D

when 4 maps of assault are playable i will set up a server for an onlinematch :)

i think a cool way would be adding 1 pair of jumpboots at the attackers spawnpoint. so you can jump from the wooden platform to the ship. it's a bit tricky and ****ing close but it works. i tried it in console with :

set UTGame DefaultInventory (class'UTWeap_Enforcer',class'UTWeap_ImpactHammer',class'UTJumpBoots')
There are a jumpboots behind the two big wooden boxes. I only putted one because it's so easy to enter in the frigate. It's like the spidermines, there are one away from the attackers spawnpoint, like a superweapon.
If there were more, attackers could abuse/rape defenders.

i found following bugs:

- as defender i have to suicide after the first spawn. Else i am stuck somewhere out of the map.
- final button triggertime should be reduced to 0,5 again ;)
First: Yes, I've seen that, but it isn't necessary to suicide, just wait a few seconds pressing fire and you respawn. I've added that bug and I'm investigating.

Second: Well... I prefer this final button had a hold time 4 seconds, because it's the time needed to set the target. I think this way is more real.

Thanks for report!

when 4 maps of assault are playable i will set up a server for an onlinematch :)
That is fantastic! I think it will be possible in two or tree months :D
The on-line testing is the most effective and the definitive testing. After that it will be Final version.

Last edited:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
i think the boots should be on backdeck for a backdeckjump like it's done with the hammer in ut99. it's not easy and a cool third way to enter the ship.

i just see one problem with the map,because defenders have no boots. Look at the following video. no defender can reach the guy, if he jumps to the top. He just has to wait till his team destroys the other objectives and he will move to final objective much faster, than defender can run up stairs to get him.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Frigate_bootjump/

maybe add 1 pair of boots inside the ship where the defender stairs go up. ( at the square room )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 seconds are too long m8. will be frustrating if you reach it and get shot there, because you have to stand still.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apart of that i think the map will give a real good fight and you like my ideas :/

Last edited:
i just see one problem with the map,because defenders have no boots. Look at the following video. no defender can reach the guy, if he jumps to the top. He just has to wait till his team destroys the other objectives and he will move to final objective much faster, than defender can run up stairs to get him.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Frigate_bootjump/

maybe add 1 pair of boots inside the ship where the defender stairs go up. ( at the square room )
OMG you're right! I didn't saw that lol
To give a jumpboots to defenders doesn't like to me to fix that lamming point, because if an attacker jumps to the roof and a defender saw him, he must wait to boots to respawn, and what if another defender take the boots to do nothing?? Noobs exist lol :lol:
I think I can add an invisible collision in the roof to prevent that. I can replace the X-ray by the boots too.
I will ponder about it.

4 seconds are too long m8. will be frustrating if you reach it and get shot there, because you have to stand still.
Thats the idea :D In UT99 there was only one way to access the bridge, so difficult, and thats why the final objective didn't has hold time.
But now there are two ways to access the bridge. If hold time is 0 it would be too easy. I want to give extra difficult to attackers allowing defenders to kill the attacker befor activate the cannon :shock:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
Thats the idea :D In UT99 there was only one way to access the bridge, so difficult, and thats why the final objective didn't has hold time.
But now there are two ways to access the bridge. If hold time is 0 it would be too easy. I want to give extra difficult to attackers allowing defenders to kill the attacker befor activate the cannon :shock:

no that's wrong. in ut99 there are about 3 ways doing that. Assault in ut99 is launching extreme.

btw the invisible wall is worst fix i think :/

come msn and i will show you what will do the trick ;)

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
You need an IonCannonVolume there... But they don't exist in UT3, do they? :) And you could make the last objective like most hold objectives in AS-Convoy, that is, if someone holds it for 1 second, the next person has to do that only for 3 seconds etc.

You need an IonCannonVolume there... But they don't exist in UT3, do they? :)
Hmmm... what is it? :(
If you say collision, the cannon has collision.
Sorry I don't know what are you talking about :rolleyes:

And you could make the last objective like most hold objectives in AS-Convoy, that is, if someone holds it for 1 second, the next person has to do that only for 3 seconds etc.
Yes, the Assault mod remembers the holded time, as you have described :D

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
What, you never used IonCannonKillVolumes in UT2004? Those are volumes where if you stand in them, you get a warning "Ion Cannon Activated! 3... 2... 1..." and after the countdown is complete, whoever stands there gets killed by an ion blast, the same as from the Ion Painter. Very useful for zoning off areas so users could technically go there but realistically they won't do that. Also good for anti-camp areas, as you can select the time given for players to get away from there.
The code is here: http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/uncodex-ut2004/Source_xgame/ioncannonkillvolume.html.gz

What, you never used IonCannonKillVolumes in UT2004? Those are volumes where if you stand in them, you get a warning "Ion Cannon Activated! 3... 2... 1..." and after the countdown is complete, whoever stands there gets killed by an ion blast, the same as from the Ion Painter. Very useful for zoning off areas so users could technically go there but realistically they won't do that. Also good for anti-camp areas, as you can select the time given for players to get away from there.
The code is here: http://unreal.student.utwente.nl/uncodex-ut2004/Source_xgame/ioncannonkillvolume.html.gz
Aaahh! yea Now I know what you mean :D
Yes I was thinking to put something like that but finally I don't want to put that. I want to create a beliable map... and a ion shoot in the roof of the frigate shoul destroy the full frigate lol :lol: It's too unreal
No, I prefer the "invisible wall", a collision volume in BlockAllButWeapons.

Thanks for your suggestion ;)