GlobalUnreal NewNet v0_6D

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

medor

Mar 15, 2009
Just Nw and no other ?

insta ?
sniper ?
combo ?
JB integration ?
Assault integration ?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Very interesting. But I can't test this though without running a server and I can't run a server right now for unknown reason. (WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP?!)

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I think you will find fewer people in 2004 and also less aid.
Fine. OK. I started up a UT dedicated server. All vanilla. No WebAdmin. The "Advertise Server" box is checked. I named it, "Testing123" to easily find it in the DM list. Just like in UT2004, I can find it and connect to it in the LAN tab but not the DM Servers list and in the Favorites list, the server has 9999 ping. :\

I have forwarded the ports:
8777 UDP
7777-7787 UDP
9777 UDP
27900 UDP

Here's the log but I saw no errors or anything that indicated something was wrong.

Code:
Log: Server Package: Engine
Log: Spawning: IpDrv.UdpBeacon
Log: Spawning: IpServer.UdpServerQuery
Log: Spawning: IpServer.UdpServerUplink
Log: Spawning: IpServer.UdpServerUplink
Log: Spawning: UWeb.WebServer
Log: Level is Level DM-Deck16][.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level DM-Deck16][.MyLevel up for play (20)...
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=Arnox?Class=BotPack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.blkt?Face=SoldierSkins.Othello?OverrideClass=?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Listen
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is DM-Deck16][.DMMutator0
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7778 successfully bound.
Log: Resolving unreal.epicgames.com...
Log: Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
ScriptLog: Webserver is not enabled.  Set bEnabled to True in Advanced Options.
ScriptLog: Initiating local logging...
Init: Game engine initialized
Log: Startup time: 2.270204 seconds
Log: Resolved unreal.epicgames.com (199.255.40.174)
ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Master Server is unreal.epicgames.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Port 7779 successfully bound.
Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (69.10.30.248)
ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Port 7779 successfully bound.

Last edited:

svart

Dec 18, 2013
hi,

i cant get it running,
in the log file it seems globalunreal is loading... but its not active..

version 0.5f runs well...

someone got a newer version?

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
6d floads the log with ScriptWarnings until the server crashes, constantly.

I just recently tested both versions and it seems that the 5f runs a bit better except that its buggy. One of the major bugs are the right hand weapons being split in half or not showing at all which causes a lot of confusion when aiming and shooting.

I did a little research about the mods and found out that those 2 versions were stolen from a site's ftp which were still in a beta/test state. It looks like that same fellow came and released them here without permission...

I will also like to know what're the real differences between GlobalUnreal, UTProMod, and Newnet. From looking at their script I see that they have small differences done by separate communities. Some versions brake things by trying to fix a small bug, and others are just plain broken. I wonder if there's an actual final version of any of them where everything works properly.

Also, I found a 7x version in my cache and I was wondering if there's a public release of it with all the server-side files included and a readme on how to run it.

Last edited:

medor

Mar 15, 2009
GlobalUnreal, UTProMod, and Newnet are the same

add this to server.ini

Suppress=ScriptWarning