Cheating

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

should cheating be banned or allowed on separate servers

• yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrtechwizard

Aug 17, 2014
UT should implement a similar policy to titanfall where cheaters dont get banned they just play with other cheaters...

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Maybe they should just play with themselves...

attachment.php

Attachments

• fap+fap_d371b1_3704018.png
    fap+fap_d371b1_3704018.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 18,443
Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Do you realize your poll answers do not actually make sense for the poll question?
(Hint: "Yes" would mean "I'm fine with cheaters getting banned, but I'm also fine with them messing on separate servers.", while "No" would mean "I don't want cheaters to be banned and I don't want them to play on separate servers either", which essentially means "I want to play together with cheaters".)

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
"or" isn't a yes/no question.

I am the one "yes" vote. Either way, I don't care so long as they are dealt with and kept away from the honest players. Heck, a cheater's server would be hilarious to spectate! When you think about it, the field would be level there as well....make for some good viewing.

Last edited:

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Given that the game uses a home-hosted dedicated server type setup rather than conslol matchmaking, I'm not sure how you'd really enforce this anyway.

Maybe if one could query the master server about the reputation of a player? Apply some rule like; cheater can't do damage, can only take 10 x damage.