UE3 - UT3 Sound Cue Editor - Delay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaytaylor

Sep 2, 2009
Hello.

Hoping somebody can help me, and this might be a stupid question, but every time I use the 'delay' object in Sound Cue Editor, the sound just stops.

I had it working at one stage but 1 didn't seem to mean 1 second, what is it measured in? Everywhere said seconds..I must be doing something wrong?

Ie here I want a wind sound looping, some other wind gust sounds to play now and then with delay, and hawk sound to play now and then (random delays)

Thanks guys

Attachments

• delay.jpg
    delay.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 22

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Looping works by fetching the length of the file and repeating this interval, rather than just restarting the audio when it's done playing. Anything that alters the length is going to cause problems (random pitch modulation/delays, another sound in random or mixer) and eventually the looping region will reduce itself to the first 10ms (or so) of the sound, creating a buzz. You can test this out by letting it run for a length of time, it can happen right away or 30min. Also I'm pretty sure the script comments for ContinuousModulator say something like "do not use this with a looping node" and may/may not give the same explanation.

Random sounds at random intervals are probably best handled by an emitter, rather than a soundcue.

Last edited: