UnrealSP Turns Eight, Speedmap Contest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
On Sunday, the finest Unreal-singleplayer website around, UnrealSP.org, celebrated its eigth birthday! They've been great partners with us over the years and we wish them well on this happy occasion.

To celebrate, they're kicking off their 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest. Check out the contest rules and then get mapping - you've only got six weeks! It'd be great to see another strong pack of single player maps for the grandaddy of them all... Unreal.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Eigth years already ? Mad props to the whole team and community supporting old classics :tup: Let's not forget the excellent UT sp/coop mappacks...

Unrealsp.org has been one of my favourite map sites throughout the years. Glad it's still around.

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
Eigth years already ? Mad props to the whole team and community supporting old classics :tup: Let's not forget the excellent UT sp/coop mappacks...

Unrealsp.org has been one of my favourite map sites throughout the years. Glad it's still around.

Agreed 100 Percent,btw nice avatar NN,He the unreal police? :D

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Happy B-day to UnrealSP. I've played tons of unreal single player maps from unrealsp. But I've never been able to install oldskool, so the best is out of reach for me :(.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Weird. What kind of oldskool problems do you have? At least I can help you to fix them.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Well the main problem I always encounter is UMOD files. So far I have not yet had an install of UT that recognised them. Since I can't find a manual install version of OldSkool I have to struggle with unpacking them and distributing the contents manually.
Once the mod is installed it usually runs Unreal perfectly fine, however sometimes the video drive 'stops working' seemingly for no reason. Custom content however, is a little trickier. About half the single maps I have downloaded have worked, albeit with some serious speed up/slow down issues as well as jittering sound in certain maps, but all campaigns I have downloaded either refuse to be recognised or are only recognised as individual maps that in turn are missing packages, probably due to the difficult nature of chopping through the umod files.

If I could download manual installs of everything instead of UMOD's, I probably wouldn't have a problem.

My UT installation has gotten pretty bloated by now, I'd need to reinstall if I were to try again.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Thanks man, it's working :D:tup:. Just played some project zephon and it's awesome. As long as I can find non UMOD versions of all the mappacks, I'm set for another hundred hours of Unreal.

BoneofFear

The American Dying Machine
Jul 14, 2004
IN DA CHOPPA!
www.myspace.com
Thanks man, it's working :D:tup:. Just played some project zephon and it's awesome. As long as I can find non UMOD versions of all the mappacks, I'm set for another hundred hours of Unreal.

For UMOD problems,You could try this program I've been using to install mods in UMOD format that works sweetly (just takes some time to get used to the somewhat winzip meets 7-zip meets Peazip UI) called UMOD Browser (Umod Browser)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
UMODs get ****ed up if you install more Unreal titles and your latest insalled title is not UT or latest Unreal etc too...
A simple editing of the registers should help things...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Indeed, UMOD browser is a wonderful tool, it even works in Linux with WINE. UMOD wizard is cool as well. Interestingly, there are U2MOD files for Unreal II and IIRC XMOD files for U2XMP.