Unreal Tournament: Console Exclusive Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Hello again, everyone. I'm looking for conversions of DC and PS2 exclusive maps for Unreal Tournament. Did anyone make a conversion of at least one single map? How about we combine forces and try to put as much of these maps as possible in a map pack to make all UT players happier?

Deathmatch Exclusives:

Halberd
Nebula
Blockparty
Canyonfear
ColdSteelPressure
Damnation
Depot
Dust
Flux
Gearbox
Girder
Google
Industrial
Infernal
Instinct
Megaplex
Neotokyo
Outskirts
Paladin
Pantheon
Sector9
Singularity
Section Control
Underlord

Other exclusives:

DOM-Osiris
CTF-Sepuichre
CTF-Sundial
CTF-Spirito
CTF-Stormfront

Already converted:

- DrunKenobi:

Brickyard
Core
Loathing
Sorayama
Coagulate
Hood

- DavidM

Extortion
Ablee
Melnori

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
They do, but even if you unpack the UMD file, you will find that maps come as *.lin files (basically: Unreal Championship vs UT2003 has the same problem). In other words either one converts a *.lin file into *.unr file (I don't know how) or by walking through the map on the console one rebuilds it from scratch in UnrealEd. Sorry, but I see no other way. PS. some exclusives, like Flux or Stormfront made it to PC UT2003, but I (not only me) want to play them on UT'99. Anyway, thanks for such a quick reply.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Thanks. 5 completely down, 4 halfway down (need to be converted to Domination unless they have the control points). Any more? Come on, people! Let's do this!

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... didn't DavidM or someone made a mappack with some console-converted maps, years ago? Lowpoly Pack or so? (not the Unreal Playground Community LowPoly MP :p )...

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I'll be checking that Lowpoly Pack. Thanks, Nahand. Anyway, here is the link to it, I will be downloading the pack in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Anyway we will include them in the Console Bonus Pack. The Console Bonus Pack shall also include Retro skin and the beta version of Liandri map that was in the beta release of UT. We'll bake some more cakes in this single oven.

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
interesting , if i got the time , i will convert a few of them .

i slightly remember that pretty nice temple map in a cave , maybe pantheon or paladin .. dunno the name .

will have to replay a few of them and build them from scratch , must be fast due to the simplicity of the maps

Edit : hmm , do you know the name of the mappers for each maps ? because i dont think i will put all credits to myself , lol

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Hmmm... Isn't the author's name displayed under the map name just like in PC version? Besides, if you don't know, you could just type: Epic Games, rebuilt by Derdak2rot. Anyway, thanks for your activity, Derdak - I'm quite sure the community will be pretty happy when the pack is finally released. Only XBox exclusives for UT2004/2003 (XB: Championship 2/Championship - funny how Epic tries to make us think that Championship is an all-original game) will remain. Not for long though - people like you or DrunKenobi give us hope to see "console exclusives" lose their exclusivity...

IronMan(Erie)

May 31, 2005
Erie, Pa
Yes Ablee from the LowPolyPack has the "Lava of life" and can be very frustrating. But Melnori is a decent map though and I think the best in the pack. Extortion can be a frustrating experience with too mant bots of high difficulty level.;) But for people with old /slow PCs these maps are fine. A friend of mine still plays UT on a PIII 500 MHZ so being able to have 4-6 bots in a match and get over 50FPS with his crappola video card is great to him.:lol:

snoogans460

Unreal Junkie since 56K UT on Dreamcast
Nov 1, 2005
Boy, this sure sounds like a great idea to have all the console exclusive maps transferred over to the PC version. If I was more knowledgable about the map editor, I'd do anything to help contribute to this cause. Geez, I truly miss those UT days on the Dreamcast.