texture issues with runtime

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

andynerd

Jul 10, 2008
when i try and run a map in the runtime it will not load if i use textures that didn't come with it by default.

ziner

Starter
Aug 3, 2008
Texas
I have got the same problem. I am able to load the texture package into the editor (unlike static meshes) but when i load the runtime, it does not start.

SOMEONE PLZ HELP....

Is it b'coz im using the educational and non-commercial version ??

andynerd

Jul 10, 2008
woo hoo i figured it out what you have to do is save over the old package with it's self (atleast that worked for me)

ziner

Starter
Aug 3, 2008
Texas
it worked

EUREKA EUREKA :D:D

it worked for me too...initially, i had lost all hopes on it...but now im glad it has worked coz the textures that were already loaded were crappy.....

thanks a lot andynerd.....really appreciate it

ziner

Starter
Aug 3, 2008
Texas
loading static meshes

i had the same problem with static meshes too. i tried the same strategy used for textures, but it dint work. this is the error msg i got:

You cannot use content created in the commercial version of the UnrealEngine2 Runtime with the free version. Please remove the commercial version content from your Runtime.

is there any solution to this problem now ??

andynerd

Jul 10, 2008
with that one you actually do need to get the commercial runtime aka the editor from a game made by epic games ut2k4, ut3, gow