Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Twilight:

Acting - 0/10
Effects - 1/10
Plot - It involves a girl falling in love with an emo vampire who stalks her. Clearly a 10/10.
Preposterosity - 11/10

Overall - o_O
Try the books - they are even worse.

An inexperienced author, far too much in love with her characters. She obviously had read "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" but clearly hadn't read Niven's essay on the importance of limits. It took her a while to figure out that having a character with a solid ability to see the future was a bit of a tension killer and so she spent books 2 & 3 rowing back on that ability only for us to discover in book 4 that really the ability was always as strong as it was in book 1 after all. Throw in a hero channelling Heathcliffe and lots of description of shopping, clothes and romantic love and you will understand why my 12-year old daughter and her chums think that Twilight and its sequels are the pinnacle of English language literary achievement.

Did I mention that I don't like the book? :)

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Fiddler on the Roof. 9.9/10 only because no movie is perfect.
Its a great movie through and through. A true classic in my opinion.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
the perfect storm was just on tv,

3/10

how the hell can you call something non fiction when everyone died on a boat out at sea with no radio contact, and no remains were ever found?

Please save me from having to go back through 11 months of posts in this thread - the worst was?

In my opinion, Meet the Spartans. At least, it was the worst of all the ones I saw.

anaemic said:
the perfect storm was just on tv,

3/10

how the hell can you call something non fiction when everyone died on a boat out at sea with no radio contact, and no remains were ever found?

Because Marky Mark's wife was telepathic. Remember the end of the movie?

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Burn After Reading. It was good, with quite a bit of amusing scenes (especially the CIA agents debating the issue) and rather good acting by pretty much everyone involved, but I kind of expected a little more.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
Sunshine - 7.5/10

I caught this about an hour ago. I'm a big Danny Boyle fan, and this one eluded me for a while. Really slick space mission story, and it's great to know that people can still do these kinds of movies and make them stand apart from others in the genre.

I did think it turned a bit formulaic towards the end, and overall there was a big sense of predictability. But a lot of scenes really get deep into that whole unnerving space calamity vibe, where something unexpected goes wrong and people are suddenly thrust into frantic scenarios. Those were the best parts of it. It was also nice to see the concept of temperature come into play here, too. Lot of really cool "ice/fire" dangers. The score was the most memorable thing for me.

Solid movie, but most of the characters I thought were pretty uninteresting. Besides Cillian, the guy who always had sunburn, and the Human Torch, everyone else kind of had that "I'm here as well" feel.

I am wanting to see this movie... previews looked intriguing....

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Heavy Metal in Baghdad 10/10

A very well crafted documentary about a bunch of Iraqi metal heads that just want to make music in a war torn nation and against all odds of political and religious instability in the region.

Metal > than all the ****ing political and religious bull**** happening in Iraq.

Last edited:
Heavy Metal in Baghdad 10/10

A very well crafted documentary about a bunch of Iraqi metal heads that just want to make music in a war torn nation and against all odds of political and religious instability in the region.

Metal > than all the ****ing political and religious bull**** happening in Iraq.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I just watched it and agree with your rating.

Solid 10/10 IMO.