Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I see them as one movie a bit like God, with the father and the son and the holy spirit in one God.
God is better than Jesus and Jesus is better than the spirit, it's the same with The Matrix trilogy.
Don't be dissin' the gospel :gonk:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yeah, it's been like that for a while, I haven't been bothered to fix it yet. :p
There's probably some rogue Javascript that got inserted on the end of a file (index.[whatever], probably) via a security hole in your site's setup. Delete that and you'll be okay for now.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I see them as one movie a bit like God, with the father and the son and the holy spirit in one God.
God is better than Jesus and Jesus is better than the spirit, it's the same with The Matrix trilogy.
Don't be dissin' the gospel :gonk:

They should've made another one. They're all still in the matrix.

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
Fast & Furious. -72/10

You would think that somebody making a movie about cars would actually hire a technical adviser that knew something about cars, or at the very least, somebody that knows that NOS (Nitrous oxide) is not flammable.

It's Hollywood, remember? ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Sound of thunder: 6.5/10

A fourth matrix movie ? Who knows. I got a feeling they will.

Funny coincidence though, caught "the matrix" yesterday on Itv. Just couldn't resist watching it. Can't say that about the sequels, regretably :-/

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Home. Not to be confused with the recent Arthus-Bertrand movie. A family is faced with the highway that's been in front of their home for a decade, but never used before, being put into operation. Torn between refusing to adapt the new situation, and trying to find a way to live with it, the family quickly disintegrates. An interesting take on the influence of the changing world on our lives that could have better. 7/10

Faces. Brilliant drama focusing on characters alone, documenting the attempt of a husband and a wife to escape their stagnant, detached roles by finding new, younger partners - and their failure to do so. Great style, particularly the intense close-ups of the people's faces that lend the movie its name, and impressive performances by the cast. 9/10

The Diary of Anne Frank. Film version from 1959. There's two sides to this one: the great moments of suspense, even to those who have read the diary (and I love it dearly), and the harrowing and haunting scenes that send a shiver down your spine (particularly the hope and rejoicing of the inhabitants of the Achterhuis on D-Day and the opening scene, when the sole survivor Otto Frank returns after the war) on the one hand and the liberties the film takes in the portrayal of the characters on the other hand. Particularly the way Anne Frank is shown bugged me, as she often comes across much more as a bitch than the diary suggests, and her exceptional brightness and (especially initial, but never really disappearing) cheeriness isn't conveyed very well. 7/10

The Diary of Anne Frank. The recent BBC mini-series. This version is a little more targeted at the broader audience of today. That is to say, especially in the beginning it relies on a lot of exposition in an effort to outline the situation of 1942 to those viewers who should be, but aren't, familiar with it. In a way, it sometimes seems like an educational piece. Anne Frank herself is portrayed closer along the lines of the diary here (especially her humour), which is definitely a good thing. A detail that bothered me a little is how the actors pronounced all the Dutch and German names in English (and with a British accent) - so much for an attempt to create a believable atmosphere. All in all, I preferred this film version though, mostly for its greater adherence to the source where it's needed (i.e. the character of Anne Frank) and its attempt to break away from it a little and try to closer reflect reality where it seemed sensible - that is, in the portrayal of Alfred Dussel. 8/10

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Casablanca: 10/10

A very, very old movie (from 1942) but entertaining to the last minute. Casablanca is the movie that has got the most quotes listed in the AFI (best movie quots of all time) and for a reason: the script is simply awesome.

Fast & Furious. -72/10
:lol:

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Fast & Furious. -72/10

You would think that somebody making a movie about cars would actually hire a technical adviser that knew something about cars, or at the very least, somebody that knows that NOS (Nitrous oxide) is not flammable.

Just the result of a quick google search... food for thought:

Short Lesson: How Nitrous Oxide makes a car go faster. Nitrous Oxide, N20, is NOT flammable by itself. At high temperatures(in excess of 500 degrees F), it breaks down into it's two components. 2 N2O become 2 N2 and 1 O2. N2O is 38% oxygen by weight. Normal atmosphere(the stuff you're breathing *right now*, and the stuff that goes into your car engine too) is about 78% Nitrogen(N2) and about 21% Oxygen(O2). So when the Nitrous breaks down, it adds a greater concentration of oxygen than is present in normal air. Extra fuel must simultaneously be added, and the extra oxygen is used to provide the bigger bang. Same thing a turbo or supercharger does, getting more oxygen in the cylinder so you can burn more gas. Nitrous is also more dense than normal air, adding even more oxygen to the equation. In addition, when nitrous converts into a gas from a liquid when it is injected, it cools down VERY rapidly, which also lowers the air temperature in the intake by as much as 75F, increasing the air density and allowing more oxygen into the cylinder yet again, the same way an intercooler does for a turbo system. There are two credible explanations for the explosion in the movie. First off, if the temperature was high enough to split the N2O, it would add more oxygen and accelerate the fire. The pressure valves may have still been open as well, so if the lines burned through it could have been spraying out the lines. If it overpressured, it would possibly have blown the safety valve and started venting right into the middle of the fire. Explanation two is pretty simple. Nitrous tanks are commonly kept at around 900-950PSI(requiring a temperature of 88-100 degrees F or so, so they're pretty warm to begin with) for races, and sometimes up to 1000 PSI. A 33.5 pound tank rupturing can create enough force just from the concussion to cause heavy damage to the car and anything near it(Happened with a Nitrous Express bottle when the heater was left on, google for it, pictures even). Even if the nitrous didn't catch fire and explode, the concussion from his twin 'big tanks' rupturing would have been enourmous. Boom. Problem is, if that was the case, the fire probably wouldn't have mushroomed like that... And of course remember that in Hollywood...EVERYTHING is filled with high explosives. ;)

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Drag Me to Hell 4.4/10

That's not a 7.8 like IMDB's community suggest.
The only good thing about this movie is Alison Lohman's face.

I don't get the discrepancy in score with this movie. One of my friends said it was absolutely terrible, yet another said it was amazing and a must see.

Is it like a certain type of humor that only cult followers of this guy can appreciate?

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Drag Me to Hell
Is it like a certain type of humor that only cult followers of this guy can appreciate?
Not so much cult followers but more people who like Raimi's take on comedy/horror.

If you liked his Evil Dead films and Darkman you'll love this film.

I suppose a lot of people would go to see it because it was "made by the director of the Spiderman movies" but it is as far from those types of films as possible.

This is classic Raimi, not classic DC or Marvel comics......