UE3 - UT3 Experienced Coder needed for UT3 Project (~5 weeks)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R0n1n

Feb 7, 2008
Hi everyone

I am looking for an experienced coder who can help me with a small UT3 Project in the next 5 weeks.

about myself
First of all.. i appologize for my english (living in switzerland) :) I am a Game- and Leveldesigner with 4 Years education and have already worked in the Industry. You may want to look at the Levels Bluebytes Settlers6 to see some of my work. I can also provide you with some Projects i've done besides that if you want to check out what i did in the Past. I can and will do everything besides the coding part (all content creation and design).

about the Project
It is my final project for school before i graduate. I study Gamedesign at a school for applied science. The Task is to create a small game.
Unfortunately i am a Designer, not a coder. I do have limited experience with Coding UT3 but im just too slow with my experience level. I will and can do everything else.

I would like to create a Jump n' Run in UT3. The Player is running in 3rd Person (behindview is fine) through the Level. He will have to be fast because there is a Counter ticking down . If the Counter hits 0 he looses. Luckily enough there are some Powerups he can collect to add some Points to the Counter. So he will run as fast as possible, collect as much time as possible and finally (maybe) complete the Level. Together with this imagine some kickass Drum n' Bass beats to keep the Player going and in the Flow.

What ammount of work can you expect?
We have a timeframe of 5 Weeks to finish the Project. In that time you have to implement some minor changes to the Deathmatch-Gameplay which are Key to make the Game work. We will keep it simple. If we are fast enough we can work to implement more features from there on.
However you will only be concerned with the code. I will provide you with everything else, including a documentation stating exactly what has to be done. I would like to work closely together especially in the first few days to make sure we have a good flow of information.

What do i expect from you?
I'm looking for someone with experience. If you've never succesfully finished a small Mod and are familiar with scripting in UT3 there is no point. Also i need someone who is motivated and willing to get some work done in that time. Because this is my graduation Project we have to finish this. No matter what. It's not overambitious and really achievable i think. But coding takes it's time. So you need to have the time and be up for the task.

What can you expect from me?
As mentioned: I will do everything besides coding and i will provide you with everything you need. Documentations, Workflowssheets, Dummycontent.. you name it.
However.. you will do this work just for fun and experience basically. You will be in the credits and i will definately mention you in the Presentation of the Project. Also you should know that this Project is going to an Exibition where it will be played by a lot of people over one month time (and they will read your name if you like me to put it there). I am willig to pay you a small ammount of Cash for your work if im happy with it. But im in school and living on my own so maybe dont expect tenthousands of Dollars

Well that's about it. If you are interested send me an e-mail to UT3JumpnRun@yahoo.de. Please also mention what projects you have already worked on or convince me somehow that you're up for the task In return you will get the Designdocuments.

I'm excited to be working with you! :D

R0n1n

Feb 7, 2008
Well the Project is at an exhibition right now (Maybe i'll upload some images in the next Days). Most people are intimidated by the controlls (non gamers) and other people think it's too easy (gamers) but they are all having fun.

It's not in a state where i'd release it as finished mod however because there are things you could still implement that would make it way cooler.

The Project will be continued by the Coders under a different Name. It's not going to be me who will do the Gamedesign there however (i seriousely need a couple of weeks off). So i can't tell you much about it. But i'm sure the other guys will go public with it as soon as there is something interesting for you guys.