This just happened...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LeftHandedShrew

Jan 9, 2001
Visit site
Ok, i have a problem. Actually, its more like a minor preference but here goes:
I was recently tweaking UT and i got everything working fine but now some little effects like the smoke from bullets hitting the walls are now gone. Bullet holes also do not show anymore. (Other decals still do...blood,blast marks, etc...)

AND when you get the shield belt or the amp, the person shows up as either a solid metallic yellow color or a solid purple metallic color.
AGAIN, this is only a visual preference but i like seeing those type of things ;)
Does anyone know why they dont show like they used to anymore?
i think i could have switched something when i was tweaking, i just dont know what. these things were normal before until i tweaked and i just want those TINY things back.
Thanks for the help!

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I think it has something to do with... hmmm check your advanced preferences... under display... make sure that decals are set to "true"... and then check rendering (and then the 3D option you use) and make sure that shiny surfaces are "true"

Try this out and let me know ;)

LeftHandedShrew

Jan 9, 2001
Visit site
Hmmmmm....
Well, they were both already set to true but ill continue tweaking my settings and see if it changes back.
This time the shieldbelt was green :(
I dont know whats going on but hopefully ill soon figure it out.
Thanks for the help!