Insite Shuts Down

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I'm little by little getting used to seeing bad news everyday. :(

There's basically no place to get a proper map review now - or any map download for that matter. Mapraider's got an active database but the last time I checked, Unreal-related maps were far and wide between submission dates - we used to have a map gold rush before.

Lord_Simeon

Aug 31, 2005
Australia
Well done guys for all the years of reviewing, you all did a fantastic job, well written, deserving scores and a great site layout.
It was definately one of the best UT related review sites on the net, and my hat goes off to you all.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
We're all going to find out one day. My guess is that life will go on.

As long as people are supporting it, correct? There's still a lot of active members over the off topic sections and the rest. EDIT: I start to feel ready to make a donation if that ever could help out, I am probably the most active forum member, I really don't want to see BU left to rest, that would be...

TERRIBLE. D:

Last edited:
C

clark_kent

So long for now...

Having been on the InSite staff for a while back in the UT2k3-UT2k4 days this is truly sad for me. When I met HomeSlice about 6 months ago he warned me this could be a possibility. I did what I could to assist new mappers with their works but if people ain't playing UT3 all the maps in the world won't help.

QAPete, Skaarj, Lord_Simeon, PASHKO, TheSpoonDog, GUI, Rainman and of course HomeSlice, whom I have met in person, are some of the most dedicated peeps you will find. We served a great community for years and I hope one day to serve again. Geez Pete how long ago was it that we used to run ExcessiveUT on the MotherShip? 10 years ago maybe? It's rare to get that much fun for so long from a PC game. Thank you EPIC.

But like QAPete, my clan just didn't feel UT3 at all. I am really disappointed but hold out hope that UT will rise again...

IceCreamYou

disseminator of awesome
Thanks for the support guys. I only joined the Insite review team a year ago, and was really looking forward to a boost from UT3--but it didn't happen, and real life takes over when there's not enough interest.

Thanks to our readers, and especially all the other Insite and BU staff that have helped out over the years.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Thank you Insite! sorry to seeya go :(

wow it seems like yesterday i was slamming PlanetUnreal for not maintaining the NC map download links... time do truly fly.

Last edited:

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
It is a sad day today. I used to read Insite reviews just for fun, even though I knew beforehand I wouldn't download the map. :(