UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Searchlight is a great map, I had a blast with the bots on it ; I like the corrupted/uncorrupted theme used for Face, as well.
Morbias... well, it's just too small. lol :D

poohead202

poohead
Mar 27, 2008
wooo
new maps..
so we got:
face remake its kinda cool i think the grass effects are good and i rli liked the original.. that wind sound thats always in the background of this map annoys me tho...
morbias remake= wicked great escapism, grap a rocket launcher set bots to 32 and frag away... will be playing it l8r after my sister pisses me off...
searchlight = crap, hate it tbh.. not rli a fan of the whole necris thing (just means those tenticles get in the way so u cant wall bounce properly)
only three maps in 160mb.. hmmm...

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Teehee found a map bug in DM-Morbias
[SCREENSHOT]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Can walk this far in the air:
[SCREENSHOT]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00007.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Sabo

Feb 10, 2004
I also just found that nice little glitch elmuerte, where the hell is epic's testing, SERIOUSLY JESUS CHRIST

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Right after recognising which one Morbias was again, I found the glitch myself. :(
I thought it must be intented somehow for a second, figured I was standing on something, until I looked properly.
That's a baaaaaaaaad bug to leave for a release.

Also the map descriptions (press Esc in-game) and screenshots (in map selection screen) are missing, although the descriptions can be read during installation.
Of course they mention DM-FacingWorlds I think it was, but meh.

Last edited:

Mia'cova

Oldskool Lurker
Jan 29, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm pretty happy about this one. Kinda handy that I set up a new quad core at work yesterday and brought in my UT3&anthology + a spare 8800 GT this morning. Haha... could the timing be any better? :)

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Teehee found a map bug in DM-Morbias
[screenshot]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/screenshot]

Can walk this far in the air:
[screenshot]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00007.jpg[/screenshot]

I also just found that nice little glitch elmuerte, where the hell is epic's testing, SERIOUSLY JESUS CHRIST

You thought that was a bad one? How about this one:
Searchlight%20Bug%20%28Medium%29.PNG

Searchlight%20Bug800x600.PNG

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
That issue in Deapblade's pic looks like when you would make a huge room and have no fog or distance cullingthinggymajig.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
also, notice how none of the maps have a preview screenshot.
I was wondering what happened there. :p

There's a bug on Searchlight by the two side ramps in the flag bases, you can get stuck on the mesh by the tops of the ramps. The only way to move again is the tl away form the area. If you have the flag you're in trouble. :p

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Wtf is that?
A new kind of black hole? An EPIC black hole perhaps? Who knows...

I do know this bonus map pack should never have been released in this state. I have seen multiple bugs just by running once through all the maps.

Wartourist, if you are reading this, could you please explain why the bonus map pack is released in such a bad state?

That issue in Deapblade's pic looks like when you would make a huge room and have no fog or distance cullingthinggymajig.
No I don't think so. It is just a 5 sided cylinder (can't think of the word for it). It is probably something like a light actor that isn't working in the UT3 engine or something like that.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Perhaps we're just a beta test for the Xbox release? :p

Conspiracy Theorist!@ D:

j/k

Or am I? D:

Probably. But what if I'm not?