Sentry Studios Infiltration Tribute Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
It's been a long haul up from the original Unreal and who knows what the future has in store for us?

I've only played Inf online on a handful of occasions and you should all be very greatful for that!
You would be laughing yourselves silly.... (that's how bad I am ;) )

Infiltration have always been the one game I've kept coming back to. A "safe haven" of sorts.

It's so long for now it seems. Let's hope Sentry Studios find the inspiration they need AND the engine they need SOON! ;)

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
European times (CET) 21.00-1.00 almost every evening - sometimes 2 servers populated.

If you'r up for DTAS your best bet is sun, wed and fri.

Dunno about US habits - they mostly seem to play over here...

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Geo, thats high-ready (shouldered).
Low-ready is a rifle that has the buttstock still at the shoulder, but barrel poited down (no arm fatigue, no weapon collision, free headmovement, maybe faster turns, ...).

High-ready
KSK_MP5.jpg

Low-ready
e_sft01.jpg

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Interesting those soldiers are issued with woodland camo while wearing desert boots.
Anyway.
INF was the game I spent most time at and overall I don't want to know how much of my live was "wasted" playing this game.
So thanks for the fun and I hope to see some of you guys during my rare matches online.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
ok. so low ready is just like the Infiltration-hipped then?

INF was the game I spent most time at and overall I don't want to know how much of my live was "wasted" playing this game.

Considering I played over 100 hours of BF2 and that I barely played it compared to INF, this view is indeed scary. I would say over 3000 hours. That's like 10 months. Ouch. Please never bring up that subject again... and go play some inf.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
You gotta look at it differently:

3000 hours you were safe at home, you didn't spent money in pubs, you weren't shot or robbed by nasty individuals (at least only virtual), you made use of your expensive eletronic device you would have anyways, you weren't raped by big boob ladies...

damn, there must be more ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
zeep said:
Psycho 'Low-Ready' morph. :D

/jk
AKA Psycho 'High-Ready' morph, AKA Psycho 'Binocular-Aim' morph. :D

/jk

mat69 said:
Interesting those soldiers are issued with woodland camo while wearing desert boots.
Yeah, that looks cool kind of. It is training, so it's not that strict about fashion.

leiperik

Altied Dikke hey!
Aug 11, 2002
Netherlands
www.planetweed.de.vu
i failed to get my diploma in 2001/2002 because i was just addicted to infiltration, everyday we played, we even had an infiltration marathon lasting 12 hours, damn those were the days.

And still now i enjoy the evening games of infiltration, but when i got nothing to do and really want to play inf (in the afternoon) servers are always empty, too bad..

anyway :cheers: to inf!

get_carter

Aug 6, 2003
R.I.P Infiltration. Greatest game I've EVER played. Hands-down. Thanks to the dev team, the beta team, and all the fans out there who put their blood, sweat and frags into this truly wonderful game. Many hours were played on this cult classic and I'm proud to be associated with it.

Truly, when I read this, I felt deeply saddened. The committment this team made to this game is incredible. Being only a small part of the beta team for 2.9, I got to see the meticulous attention to detail and dedication everybody put into this iteration of INF.

To me, realistic military first person shooters begin and end with Infiltration. Every semi-realistic game that I play is compared to INF and not one captures what we realists crave and need in a true simulation. I just can't put to words how this mod changed my perception of what can truly be accomplished by those that crave perfection.

Last edited:

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
Yeah seriously back to saluting it for still being in service.

Teh Salute.cat:

RAOR!!!!

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Infiltration is dead?

When did that happen?

hmm still running on my machine here. Is it still running on everyone elses machine?