UT Maps - Community best suggested

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hydrophobia and Iceotoxin are quite nice.
There's another version of Iceotoxin, called dm-realworldgonebad. But tbh iceotoxin is better.
Well, it looks better.. that's a fact.

Dm-Suddendeath

Fight in a Icehockey stadion. Fun map, bots REALLY like to mix/mingle in the centre of the map.

Dm-StratosphereAvenger

The battle has moved to a spaceship. It's abandoned, the crew went mad (read the readme file)...
Tbh bots aren't "all that", but overall they do a nice job. They can get stuck at the rear of the ship though.
They get the shieldbelt, sr outside.

Dm-Clubgib

Someone posted a screenshot of this level here. I wanted to dl this puppy asap.
I wasn't dissapointed, but the bots sometimes seem to forget they're "playing a game".
It's recommended for 4 players, but it can hold 8-10-12 players if you ask me.
Nice map though.

Dm-Citylights

Angelheart map. There's also an unreal version of this one, called DmMegacity.
Citylights has a metro section, and you can enter some of the buildings.
So far I think this is the most playable Angelheart level...

It can hold up to 32 players! It's quite a big map.It's perfect for team games, or corpsemania (hunt zombies),monstermadness.
The ESR shouldn't have been included tbh.

Ctf-urbanUprising

A nice CTF map. Bots know how to cap the flag, but iirc the defense needs your aid.
I could be wrong though, been a while I played this. But it's definitaly worth the download!
Convincing urban map.

Dm-Redheat2

Read the review. I think this map is worth a try.

Ctf-Wether

Get this map now.
That's all I can say.

DM-DMUT-Cryptic][

Imo a skytown-esque map. Well, it has the feel of skytown. It's a small nalitown near the sea.
This map plays really well, especially in teamgames. Bots seem to know where to go, although there's one spot they might have trouble getting out of the water.
There's also one spot they won't bother to move unless an enemy player comes along.
But honestly these are details. I've had some fun games on this map.
Download!

And now...

Dm-WickedMansion

dm-wickedmansionss0.jpg

Now THIS is a sweet map!!!

The shear atmopshere of this level (very creepy), the flow, the extras (you'll see what I mean). This level shouldn't leave your Ut folder, unless you're a motard ;Op
No seriously, wickedmansion is one of those rare maps which just keep getting better and better.
Bots have no trouble roaming this level, although it's sometimes hard for them getting the shieldbelt and udamage.
But NO complaints really.

Good for dm and even better for teamgames if you ask me.

Wickedmansion is an unreal classic btw.
It just is.

More later.

asylum

- tinkab3ll -
Mar 19, 2002
Chesterfield, UK
Visit site
NeoNite said:
And now...

Dm-WickedMansion

dm-wickedmansionss0.jpg

Now THIS is a sweet map!!!

The shear atmopshere of this level (very creepy), the flow, the extras (you'll see what I mean). This level shouldn't leave your Ut folder, unless you're a motard ;Op
No seriously, wickedmansion is one of those rare maps which just keep getting better and better.
Bots have no trouble roaming this level, although it's sometimes hard for them getting the shieldbelt and udamage.
But NO complaints really.

Good for dm and even better for teamgames if you ask me.

Wickedmansion is an unreal classic btw.
It just is.

More later.

and very gfx card and processor intensive! but very worth it!

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
People, when you suggest maps, please remember to give an opinion on maps already suggested previously (if you know them of course) , it will not be easy to make the "top list" without feedback.

@Hellscrag suggestion
DM-Hydrophobia :
icon14.gif

DM-Iceotoxin
icon14.gif
(better than dm-realworldgonebad , i agree)
DM-1on1-Pack : i have never been a fan of 1-on-1 maps on UT DM
But in the RocketArena UT mod, that is different :).

@NeoNite suggestion
Isn't there a CTF version including the wickedmansion (but a lot less worked, as there were fewer very fewer routes) in the red or blue base ?
I remember from a long time ago having played something like that in a CTF.

DM-WickedMansionClassic :
icon14.gif

DM-Clubgib : i am not in favour of this map, i found it a bit too repetitive to be fun to play.
DM-CityLight : really i do not like it, not really interesting, no real eyes candies, i hated the fun-killing repetition of "glass" doors in some of the buildings. It needed 32 bots to have a "kind of" fun , less is really not good for the map size.
Dm-Suddendeath : i never liked the layout, but it had been fun sometime. But not a "top list" map, as i will not play it again and again, and again... as i played in some "top list" maps according to my opinion.

DM-Redheat2 :
icon14.gif

CTF-UrbanUprising :
icon14.gif

DM-DMUT-Cryptic][ :
icon14.gif

I have never played CTF-Wether and Dm-StratosphereAvenger so i can't judge.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Well, my knowledge of the maps suggested by others so far isn't so great, and tends to be of the DM varieties. However,

DM-Organic is an artistically designed map but I have doubts about its flow. It's never been a keeper for me.

DM-Frantic is a pretty nice design, and is one of the most convincingly "sunlit" maps around - but what's with the whopping red lens flares? There are better maps around.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
asylum said:
and very gfx card and processor intensive! but very worth it!

It is? Or are you talking about "waaay back" in 1998-2000. This maps "runs" smooth, although of course I "might" be missing something.
Heck, it even runs smooth with 15 bots.
Although I guess it might indeed be demanding on the good ol' processor/g-card...

Meh. It's a classic ;-)

If you have U4ET, and the ARENAMATCH mutator do this:

Select the Katana. You have no idea how much games can be on this level with this weapon. Of course, if you're used to playing 100/35... you'll bump into every wall (pinball style) :D and get bored quickly.

And btw: My favourite part is when it goes all dark yay!
Excellent, it's just excellent!

And not to mention the music! Perfect match.

More recent maps I've enjoyed playing:

Dm-Knell

Thight map, for max. 4 players. The game flows, level has atmosphere. But you better be a fan of maps with thigth spaces. No real open areas here. Outside maybe...but it's not that big either.

At least download this level for the excellent looks. You'll rarely encounter levels like this one.

knell1.jpg

Dm-Dominis

You have to see this one. Another one of those special levels. Ehm the gameplay might not be top-notch, but honestly I don't think there's reason to complain.
Bots seem to cover the entire level, even the lower parts where the ... hides (you'll see).
Sometimes they can get stuck below though. Figuring out how to open the gate.
Otherwise, they roam and frag and blast your 1337 ass to the past.
Something like that anyway ;-)

dominis3.jpg

Dm-DM-1on1_Dante_s_PlayGround

Nice tourney level. Bots also seem to know where to go, what to do etc.
Check this one out.

131_1.jpg

P.S.: Ooook ok the levels I've chosen this time might have a stronger emphasis on looks than gameplay, but I think they're worth mentioning.

UTCMS is still down!

Bah :(

I'll upload some pics of Dm-Snowingangels later today.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok here are two pics of Dm-Snowingangels.
Now these aren't the best I got. So I'll add two more later.
Trust me, this is one sweet level.

I've had this level since 2001 and I keep coming back to it, cause it simply flows. And I just can't get bored with the "snowingangels" :D

Attachments

• Dm-SnowingAngels01.jpg
    Dm-SnowingAngels01.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Dm-SnowingAngels02.jpg
    Dm-SnowingAngels02.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 81

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
@Neonite suggestions

- DM-Knell : it was good enough for me, so
icon14.gif

i know no one of those 2 other maps, so can't judge.
For SnowingAngels, finally i don't know this map, i thought of AngelGate that i did not really liked.
I will see if i find another download link for SnowingAngels.

As i am there, i add 3 more suggestions
DM-LastCrusader
I had some great fun on this map with my bot friends, Z axis fights are good there too ;)
DM-LastCrusader][
Great architecture, lot of possibilities in the gameplay, this is a very good map in my opinion
(i did not like DM-LastCrusader]I[ )
DM-Sion
A good deathmatch game with the bots , lots of X and Z axis fights, good for constant action.

Attachments

• DM-LastCrusader.jpg
    DM-LastCrusader.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DM-LastCrusader][.jpg
    DM-LastCrusader][.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DM-Sion.jpg
    DM-Sion.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Nope, already tried google. Couldn't find Dm-Snowingangels.
Looks like UTCMS is THE place to get the level from.

More pics.
(I think they're nicer ;op...)

Attachments

• snowangelsabove.jpg
    snowangelsabove.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 74
  • MantaSnowingAngels.JPG
    MantaSnowingAngels.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 60

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
More levels:

ctf-blueskies

I know there's no screenshot, noone's reviewed it yet. I got this level two years ago. It's not dissapointing, not in looks or gameplay.
Although bots might need your help capping the flag though.
They're good on defense.

Ctf-Cryptic

All I can say is get this one now. Smooth level.

Ctf-Tantric

Another one you should definitaly download.
Click the link and you'll see why. Only "bad" thing I can say about this level is that bots take one route to the base :-/
But it's a good ctf-level. Has custom capture sounds.
Try it. You won't be dissapointed.

Ctf-Titania

:D Hilarious level. It looks and plays very nice, but there's quite the surprise!
Each base has a huge stonetitan on defense!
Now these smacktards are bad boys, and will whoop yer ass back to napali if you don't watch your step!

Don't telefrag them though. Kinda .. ruins the game if you ask me.
That's the one bad thing I can think off.
You might have trouble concentrating, the way these titans taunt you/eachother/teammates is quite funny :D

Also see JB (jailbreak)-sprintitan, Dm-Titania.

Ctf-Visse

Definitaly, definitaly worth the download.
From Insite:

Bottom Line: The lighting, textures and sounds are top notch on this map and create a great atmosphere. The gameplay and flow are good, but the bot play could be better.

(problem is taking one route to the flag)

Which is slightly true, I can't say I was really dissapointed though.
See for yourself maybe?

77_1.jpg

Dm-Halls_of_redemption

Don't let the fugly screenshot deceive you. I've had this one since ages.. (got it from headshot back in 2000).
This map flows. It has an interesting trap, hidden goodies and generally bots seem to know what to do. They roam the entire level, but they don't always "know" how to activate the trap.
Which is a shame, but then again.. you can use it against them :D ;-)

Download this one!

Dm-Hyperboreal

This level is compared to Dm-Zeto, and it seems to have better flow.
I think that's partially true. The level has flow, works good in teamgames;
The one thing I hate about this map though, is the fact that there's ALWAYS one bot which seems to be "stuck".
Always in the same spot.
Bit of a shame, but it doens't kill the level.

I recommend reading the review on nc before downloading this one, but you should anyway.

Dm-Kinetica

What a sweet map. This one flows, it just flows. Well connected, bots know what to do etc...music fits perfectly.
What can I say? Another one for your ut collection!
Another one you shouldn't ever delete, imo.

This level makes use "jumppads". You know, bots and jumppads...
They seem to manage most of the times though.

Dm-Manorfarm

Hmm now this level demands a different approach. Hunter-prey type of level I think.
Sneak around, snipe through the windows. Or just go in the open and have a psychotic fragfest why not...
See for yourself.

dm-manorfarmss0.jpg

Dm-Meatdance

Angelheart level. But it's playable! Based on the movie Blade, I think.
This map is a bit cramped though. Hope you're into that kind of gameplay.
Look at the screenshot I've attached.

Dm-Suntzu

Add this level to your collection now, you won't regret doing so. This is one sweet level. It "might" be a little "confusing" at first (it's possible?), but the games on this map flow.
Bots find their way across the level, but never manage to "locate" the ...
secret.

st1.jpg

Attachments

• Dm-Meatdance03.JPG
    Dm-Meatdance03.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... Gebus Chr1ztze! So many suggestions to keep pace at...

DM-Frantic : possible listing (?)
DM-Knell : possible listing (though in the edn it didn't got me. It's still an above average map, so :tup: )

Last Crusader series : a given, i guess. I like them all, though i agree that visuals are better than overall gameplay, especially the ][-map. Still, :tup: to the three.

I have Iceotoxin RealWorldGoneBad (didn't got the 'other' version), though i like a lot that icy playground. I'll check the other later...

Hydrophobia has almost everything to win me (i luv winter season/snow/anything related), but the layout and the somewhat 'sectionated' combat feels a little... different?... don't really know about this one :/ ...

On my next suggestions (not on this post), i'll try going for those less well know maps but that still match up very good or at least decently against some community brutemaps...

WickedMansion is a very peculiar map, and although i would not recommend it for UT based on average gameplay, i must agree it has its own style. To that, i add that the list must be as concensual (<a word?) as possible, and so, it *might* not hurt including this one in it. It sure plays differently, and most players might discard it, but anyway... opinions? (BTW, the busilis with this map is the same that applies to any AngelHeart's maps, unfortunately. Great UED works, but they just don't play. They have to be considered "merely" as showcases of sort :( )...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
@NeoNite
Unfortunately, despite several search engines , it seems that this DM-SnowingAngels is actually nowhere to be found, let's hope UTCMS will come back.

On the map suggestions
-DM-ManorFarm :
icon14.gif

-DM-Halls_of_Redemptionv2 :
icon14.gif

-CTF-Titania
icon14.gif
(i liked the layout too, Titans are not the only interest of this map in my opinion, they are just the few needed to make it to my top list)

-DM-Hyperboreal : i think that map was a bit too classic to appeal on me, i did not kept it for very long time, a good map but not top in my opinion.
-DM-Meatdance : well, that is not my favorite AngelHeart map , talking about gameplay of course. So i will not vote for it.

I have never played the other maps suggested , shame on me, i can't judge them.

@Nahand
I think you will have fun to compile the top list , suggestions after suggestions, there are a lot of maps already ;)
For Wicked Mansion, i must add that i played it with DarkMagic ONLY , but i admit that in a classic DM , it must not play the same and should not be as interesting in gameplay.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Nah, Neonite made it sound so cool that I just had to put it on our clan server :p . It turns out the map is more suitable for a 15+ slots public server though. Here's hoping that UTCMS will be back up in the future. Last time I visited the site, it looked like there were a few database problems.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Hyperboreal always rather bored me. There were some nice views out of the windows but they are few and far between. To work for me, a map has to be more adventurous with theme... and again, I'd like to restate that I don't think DM-Frantic is the best map around. Plutonic, right? Some of his plainer maps like DM-Compulsive play better IMO (but I'm not necessarily recommending the latter for inclusion either).

Another TAZ map: DM-Vocant][. I really can't say how much I love the use of use of theme and sound on this large map.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hey :tup: for uploading it to your site Fearless.
Blasted utcms ;-) They'll sort the problem anyway so...

Yes Snowingangels is perfect for large teamgames.
In botgames you might notice a certain part of the level where bots have trouble "climbing" a slope.
This can be slightly annoying sometimes.

But hey, if you're not into botgames that much no worries this map is a blast.
And it's not as if bots don't know how to play this map so.

Edit: About Wickedmansion:

Ok, it's not the classic z-action level, nothing like say dm-seraphim etc..
This levels heh demands (here we go again ;-)...) a different approach. It's playable though.
You just need to get used to the level I think.

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Hellscrag said:
Hyperboreal always rather bored me. There were some nice views out of the windows but they are few and far between. To work for me, a map has to be more adventurous with theme... and again, I'd like to restate that I don't think DM-Frantic is the best map around. Plutonic, right? Some of his plainer maps like DM-Compulsive play better IMO (but I'm not necessarily recommending the latter for inclusion either).

Another TAZ map: DM-Vocant][. I really can't say how much I love the use of use of theme and sound on this large map.

DM-Vocant][ :
icon14.gif

i will suggest some more maps later, to not make Nahand compilation work too hard ;)

edit : Thanks hal for the sticky, very appreciated.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
More maps:

Dm-Titania]

Another map with the taunting titan.
Death awaits you if you don't watch your step :D
Classic level, get it now.

The screenshot on the level review page sucks, don't let it fool you.

Dm-trainyard

I've always enjoyed playing this map. Bots get around the level, but might forget their objectives at the sniperrifle spot. (it's possible there might be a missing texture (planet) in the map. But it's from a retail texture package so no worries. Open unrealed and add a planet maybe?

Otherwise no real complaints. It is a nice map.
Try it I'm sure you won't regret doing so.

Dm-Urban_terror

An urban map worth checking out. Read the NC review.

UrbanUp.JPG

Dm-Utgallery

Styled after a q3map (padgallery). You're in a museum, and there are pictures of the retail/bonus maps everywhere. The map plays, the bots roam the level. They can get stuck on a bench though. But normally it shouldn't last long.
Othewise they do a fine job. You can expect fast teamgames on this level.

dm-utgalleryss0.jpg

Dm-Venom][

Solid gameplay map. Lots of vertical fighting on this map, it might..look a little confusing at first (maybe to some it will) but you'll quickly learn the lay-out of this map.
Imo venom][ shouldn't ever leave your collection.

dm-venom][.jpg

More later. Funny but I can't retrieve certain maps.

Btw, I've just found out someone made a domination map out of as-hispeed.

0_0... got a bad feeling about this.
Hopefully I'm wrong.