just some quick map help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Munchables

Flying Nuns!!!
Jan 31, 2008
All good supermarkets near you
I've been downloading most of the custom maps for ut3 lately, the only problem is I don't know where to put them! It sucks that they don't come with any instructions. Anyone help?

Last edited:

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I've been downloading most of the custom maps for ut3 lately, the only problem is I don't know where to put them! It sucks that they don't come with any instructions. Anyone help?

my sig links to a readme for my map that says how to install maps

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
By default, custom content is stored in folders in your profile folder (Your user folder in Vista, My Documents XP). Open your user folder (In vista it's always at the top of the right column on the start menu- It has your account name), open Documents - > My Games -> Unreal Tournament 3 -> UTgame -> Published -> CookedPC. Plop all your custom content in there and it should work. ini files for mutators and mods should be put in UTgame -> Config instead.

For XP, My games is found in <Username>'s Documents (My Documents)

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
To clarify, make sure it's the Published folder (which you may need to create) and not the Unpublished folder which already exists. It's preferable to make a CustomMaps folder inside the CookedPC folder.

Also, .ini files that come with maps should go with the .ut3 files, and not in the Config folder.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Thats why I specified mutators and mods and not maps, though I guess it was unclear.

Anywhere inside the Published folder and UT3 should be able to find it, though you'll probably want to put each mod in its own subfolder inside it for organization.

Last edited:

DocB

Where does it hurt?
Apr 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Presuming by "use" you mean play the maps:
1. Log in or play offline.
2. @ Main Menu select Instant Action.
3. @ Game Mode select the game type from the list.
4. @ Map select the map (custom maps will appear at the bottom of the list after the retail maps).
5. After #4 you can just click START GAME or go next to Settings select the settings you want to use.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
whoa, hold on. I have no ideo how to open and use these maps

Why the big thing?
C:\Documents and Settings\*User*\My docs\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
Start the game, play instant action. Everything should be there.

my sig links to a readme for my map that says how to install maps

Wow...

Really? :eek:
(Actually, I think you're just advertising your "My map" from here and there.)

Last edited: