Solid Brushes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bane39

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
Hey,

I used the sheet tool to make a few windows in unrealed 2.0. I set surface property to invisible. For some reason these brushes are not solid, I can walk right through'em. How do I change my windows to being solid?

,thanks

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Sheets aren't solid. They can't be made solid. You have to cheat here by using an invisible semi-solid brush. Make it the size and shape of the window, but with a thickness. Click on the Add Special button, select Invisible, Semi-Solid, click OK. It will appear, but don't worry about that, you won't see it in-game or in real time preview.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
or you could use a block player actor for a window;....oh ya you are doing it on a walkway, just do what mista fuzzzy said

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Or you could insert a brush with transparent sides...but make it a bit smaller than the actual window opening because if the transparent side touches any other non-transparent brush it will make that touched face invisible...

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
That will often cause BSP errors, though.

For example, it caused horrible holes in older versions of Lemon Fresh (my only released pile of junk at the moment) until I replaced them with semi solids. Before I thought of that, I had put at least a dozen of girders in the room concerned, making it better on the whole (in retrospect).

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
It's not THAT dangerous...
But it's true, it's not the best alternative. I prefer using sheets for windows...

But sometimes it's better to use my version...lack of space...sheet doesn't fit there...but that's rare. :)