How many 1st page threads interest you right now?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Out of the threads currently on the first page of the off topic forum, how many of them do you really follow? Most of us can't read every single thread, but I'm sure there's a fair number of them that you try to read/reply every time you look at the forum.

Also, please don't turn this into a whine thread "omg off topic isn't interesting to me anymore". I simply want to know how many threads the average user follows here.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I'd say usually not more than a quarter of the threads for me.

I've replied to 9 threads that are on the front page.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I read all threads. Omniread is I. Soon, I will know everything there is to know about you pitiful humans ... *cough* ...oops, sorry I seem to have had a blank moment there.

I always read them. They usually die off after the new ones are borned.

Also, I usually try to read the ones that are in bold black lettering telling me a new post has been applied.

But I'd say around 5 or so. I like the Picture of you Thread, BuF Photo thread, Funny Picture thread, Rate the last movie thread and then some odd ball one or two.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I read a thread if the title sounds interesting or alludes to a topic I'm familiar with. If it doesn't look like it's something I know anything about or sounds boring I skip it. Also, I'll read a thread if the title is ambiguous and makes me curious.

Like this thread; it's not the least bit interesting but I wanted to know what it was about.

As for threads I follow? I don't know if I necessarily "follow" any thread. But there are those which warrant regular updates like the ones Jackal mentioned.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I open every thread and the ones that are boring I just skim real quick to see what absurd things are being said. Once I've looked at something and deemed it boring, however, I have a tendency not to look at it again unless it gets to be over 4 pages; and then it's sheer morbid curiosity.

~Jason

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
But I'd say around 5 or so. I like the Picture of you Thread, BuF Photo thread, Funny Picture thread, Rate the last movie thread and then some odd ball one or two.

Pretty much the same for me, even if I don't reply in them as often.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I always read them. They usually die off after the new ones are borned.

Also, I usually try to read the ones that are in bold black lettering telling me a new post has been applied.

The bold lettering is my favorite forum feature. I usually have 2-6 threads that I'm really interested in. Every time I see one of them bold then I'll check it out. These are the threads that I really say that I follow because I've read every post in them.

The rest I just read it once, and never look at again unless someone links me or otherwise mentions it.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Shouldn't this be a poll?

2 days from now the answer will be different anyways.

Generally 1-2 threads I have an invested interest in. 3-4 others I will take a look at and read but wont comment on as I have nothing to add.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Well, normally I only look at the threads which topics interest me, and that isn't many of them.

The main threads that would interest me here are about games or something that would bring a good discussion. (not political, religion or news :rolleyes:) I'm very opinionated though it seems to piss people off a lot. :p

Right now the threads I'm watching are:

-How many 1st page threads interest you right now?
-Quake Live Opens
-OMFG Street Fight IV Thread
-Rate the Last Movie You Watched
-The Funny Picture Thread: New and Improved!

I replied once or had one look at some of the others but I haven't gone back.

Actually this might just be one of those threads since I don't think I'm very interested in the replies, but I did answer to contribute and that's where my interest ends. :lol:

Last edited: