JB-RimeValley

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I picked up this map yesterday and it's pretty huge. It's a nice map though, and the theme is well thought out and intergrated into the stage. I love the execution sequence, that I must say is genious. Nice map, keep up the good work Zed.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
All the bugs/suggested features for RimeValley were implemented ages ago; the problem at the moment is informing the, for example, red bots that they cannot use a TeamTeleporter that only allows blue players through, and vice versa.

If you know all about code and want to help out, pop along to this thread and help out CoolDude.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Well, through no understanding of my own, I seem to have fixed CoolDude's code for the two separate actors "RedTeleporter" and "BlueTeleporter" (whose purpose should be self-explanatory). And when I say its "fixed", my testing strategy was to watch the scoreboard map for a 15minute game, once as blue and once as red. If I saw any dot hang about in the general vicinity of the teleporters I would check if the bot was trying to use the teleporter. Even when ordering them to attack or defend, no bots tried to use a teleporter which they couldn't use. \o/

Also, the "idiots get stuck when they fall into the Raptor roof area" issue has been resolved with the simple addition of an IonCannonKillVolume, which conveniently has a setting to avoid firing upon flying vehicles. :)

Which means that, finally, Beta2 of this map can be released. :D

Don't forget, the map is basically unable to be fully released until JB2004c has been released, due to the vehicle arena. :rolleyes:

JB-RimeValley-Beta2

May 12, 2005
Hey zed, did a runthrough again a long time since the 1st beta.

1 have 1 issue and one probably non-issue

1. I died while trying to escape and my body flew through the jail might want to make the collision for that

This glass isn't frosted but u prob want it this way.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I checked the RedTeleporters/BlueTeleporters by putting the log-info back in, and indeed your teleporters do work OK. :)
Code:
ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.BlueTeleporter0  SpecialCost Aryss Player= 1  Teleporter= 1  OK
ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.BlueTeleporter0  SpecialCost Baird Player= 0  Teleporter= 1  EXTRACOST

ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.RedTeleporter1  SpecialCost Satin Player= 0  Teleporter= 0  OK
ScriptLog: JB-RimeValley-Beta2b.RedTeleporter1  SpecialCost Othello Player= 1  Teleporter= 0  EXTRACOST
You only needed to put in one RedTeleporter and one BlueTeleporter (the destination teleporter can be a normal teleporter), but it works now, so leave them.
You did get rid of the log-calls in the SpecialCost() fuction, but forgot to remove the log-calls in the PostBeginPlay() and Touch() functions. You can just remove them too (and Rebuild Changed Scripts).

The bots harldy make use of the teleporters. This is not because the teleporters don't work, it's because for bots there seems to be nothing of interest in the basement of the enemies base, so they hardly ever show their face there. In a 15 minute 16-vs-16 botgame 1 bot made use of the teleporter once.

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Teleporters work well, good job CoolDude... :clap:
Some more suggestions for the map:
- Why don't you try to make a teleporter effect with high-speed-tunnels, like it's done in DM-UCMP-BloodRun?
- I miss much more coldness in the execution, what about placing some more wind emmitters?
- I think a teleporter base (with no emmiter) should be on each Teleporter exit... :rolleyes:
- The water/ice texture in the arena repeats too much... :con: scale it up?
- I've been trying to use the escape jumpads, but they don't kick me well through the hole... A bot also tried to jump and his head hit the ceiling too... :con:

Last edited:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
  • Fine I'll add some more "wind" emitters.
  • Are "hi-speed" tunnels really necessary?
  • I suppose I could add that teleporter-base mesh there if you want.
  • OK I'll scale-up that water texture.
  • The "escape jumppad" (which is actually an xKicker :B) is meant to push you away randomly. Its difficult to get in the right place once you've hit the button alone, but when more humans are playing if someone is waiting on the vent and jumps at the right time when the button is pressed they have a good chance of escaping.
    I dont know whether this would work or not, but a human-ladder on the vent could make things interesting too ;)

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
The skybox looks fine on my machine, but you might want to check for gaps between the smeshes and the terrain around the edges of the map. Quite a few of them had holes large enough to fit an xloc beacon, and one or two of them had holes large enough to fit a manta. The smeshes away form the edges all looked fine.

Attachments

• rime1.jpg
    rime1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 19
  • rime2.jpg
    rime2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
  • rime3.jpg
    rime3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12
  • rime4.jpg
    rime4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 11
  • rime5.jpg
    rime5.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 12

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I don't have any problem with the skybox, except when typing Show fog in the console... I'm sure Sexmachine did the same and he's only joking... ;)

Last edited:

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah the skybox seems absolutely fine on my computer. Sex your comp is just f'ed up dude. Kidding, but seriously, my comp shows the skybox needs no fixing.