New game, FREE, DM

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
http://www.nexuiz.com/

170meg download

Go try it out, give the guys who did it some credit by making it a tad more popular.

They do have a "donate" thing but it is free, if I had enough bucks I probaby would donate a little.

You would all have to play it to see what you think, but my biggest complaint is head bob and a small thin red crosshair.
And a heads up, to disconnect from a server you need to type in "disconnect" in the console.

UPDATE
there IS bots AND you can change the crosshait in the menus.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
I see what they are doing, you can configure everything, has like settings for each weapon damage,fire speeds,jump height,max player speed,gravity the list goes on and on.

Has instagib,ctf,the grapple hook if you want,TDM, a rune match, it is so configurable for gameplay.

Totaly catering for the "gamer" side of things, and seems to run good too, there is about 25 servers, it has it's own game browser too.

They did a great job, I am sure it is being tweaked and other maps comming out to.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Balton said:
I tried it and it was a total disappointment.

Why?

I didn't think anyone knew about it, how new is it,? evil cope said it was old, but I dunno.

It would be cool to see some opinions about it, I think it is great from the standpoint that freelance programers etc etc made it.
But I just got thing tweaked out and online it was doing quite well, the maps don't look to bad, and I can move around quite good.

Time will tell.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I didn't try it, and I won't be disappointed if Red Fist is disappointed that I didn't try it and then had the nerve to post this.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
ok I seen it came out may31 2005

No you can check it out or not, but who knows it might get a large following, ya never know.
They don't have all the money to have it marketed, but still worth playing, it's not bad at all.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
ReD_Fist said:
ok I seen it came out may31 2005

No you can check it out or not, but who knows it might get a large following, ya never know.
They don't have all the money to have it marketed, but still worth playing, it's not bad at all.
I tried it the day it came out. I also deleted it from my hd the day it came out. This game has no lasting reason to stay on my computer. It's just no fun. Sure, it's free and all but you'd be a total fool to pay for this.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Slower than quake1?
FPS, I am getting 60 to 212 fps.1024 some of the effects do make it slow though.

I guess I should post some screenshots, so whomever might want to see.

And have been on 2 servers, runs smooth ,very smooth.

UPDATE
ya it started getting choppy online, not to sure if it's settings, or the particular map, or just wierd code for network, I dunno

Last edited:

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Seriously, Red, I don't see what the fuss is.
It's a good effort, but, just not good enough, and it really is old hat. been several threads about it, infact, last year.
Free, low quality games are hardly rare, anyway.

(see The Rule of Stuff(tm). Like mods and maps, etc, 90% of user-made-stuff is crap.)

Then again if you enjoy it, you enjoy it and nothing else really matters. :)

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
I never heard of it, but we need somthing new that doesn't take a 500ghz system all for looks.Somthing thats not quake or unreal that works good online with different weapons.

So I posted here to mabye get a few more people who don't know about this game.
It has it's ups and downs, but so far in all the years UT not 04 is really still the best DM online game.

But if peple have the time it's cool to see what these guys did, imagine if they did have a money backing like the big guys,we just need somthing new.

So far this one after like 5 players becomes choppy online, and it's a little hard to see the skins-bots.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
if you want to play soemthing new and different that doesnt require an über computer you should try Darwinia for example but don't cling on to a sub-decent quake/ut wannabe.