Borderlands Patched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A forum post announces a patch (1.0.1) for the PC version of Borderlands. If your game is on Steam, simply start the game or restart Steam and it should apply. Here's what's new:

• Characters that have lost skill points will have the lost points refunded
  • Clients will no longer lose proficiency progress upon leaving a co-op game
  • Item cards now display the intended five lines of detail text
  • Lilith's Phase strike and melee attacks from Phase Walk now function as intended
  • Voicechat: users can now control volume and individually mute players
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused CL4P-TP to stop progressing during the introduction
  • Server browser population times have been improved
  • Server information should now always display the correct plot mission
  • Benchmarking feature now works as intended
  • Nvidia 3D Vision visuals now render shadows correctly (requires minimum 195.28 drivers, available from nVidia)

Blaaguuu

taunt pthrust
May 27, 2002
Earshot of monkeys
Visit site
Only a few of the many big issues were addressed, but it is a good start... I'm glad to see they are actively patching the game on PC... Now it just remains to be seen how they will handle the 'DLC' on the PC.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Check your internet connection. The downloads are working fine for me... In fact, I get the fastest speed I've ever seen from them.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Bless Steam for autopatching. Bleam.
Mine acted weird. The game didn't start updating until I went to play it (to test out that config app I posted) and Steam immediately started ignoring my clicks. I couldn't minimize the Steam windows or move them, and when I closed a window in front of them I was met with rendering errors for five seconds before Steam refreshed itself. It also said the download would take 43 seconds to finish and then proceeded to count down reeeeally sloooowly.

Annoying. I still think Steam kind of sucks ass. D: