New invasion thought

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
WOuld be cool if a mod or mutator was added where a team player ends up becoming the enemy in an invasion game. Perhaps during the game, a monster somehow curses or somehow changes the player to become a killer of other players, and the other players must kill him. Perhaps the mod or the monster ability to do this could be called "traitor" or something. Maybe the player becomes 1.5 scale larger to show that they have become an enemy.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
What if the player doesn't attack the others? :hmm: there's nothing MAKING them turn against teammates...

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
I was thinking that the "traitor" would not be attacked by the monsters, or atleast, can't get hurt by monsters. Then there would be a broadcasted message only to the traitor that they "must kill the players". I guess the traitor don't have to kill the players (and can't kill or do any damage to the monsters), but there should be reward score of a good magnitude higher than the monsters for killing the traitor. Likewise, the traitor gets a good magnitude higher as well for killing each player. I think this "traitor" should only last one wave, and just be considered as a "one wave illness" so to speak until all monsters have been killed. Maybe have it so that if all monsters are killed signalling to start the next wave, then the traitor is no longer a traitor and is just a regular player.

Last edited:

soyrico

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
DeathAdder said:
I was thinking that the "traitor" would not be attacked by the monsters, or atleast, can't get hurt by monsters. Then there would be a broadcasted message only to the traitor that they "must kill the players". I guess the traitor don't have to kill the players (and can't kill or do any damage to the monsters), but there should be reward score of a good magnitude higher than the monsters for killing the traitor. Likewise, the traitor gets a good magnitude higher as well for killing each player. I think this "traitor" should only last one wave, and just be considered as a "one wave illness" so to speak until all monsters have been killed. Maybe have it so that if all monsters are killed signalling to start the next wave, then the traitor is no longer a traitor and is just a regular player.

how about the traitors die and stay out for the remainder of the game and five more games if the monsters and the traitors do not kill them all

Last edited by a moderator:

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
A way to force them to attack other players is make it like Mutant, they lose health at a fairly rapid rate and have to damage the non-traitor players to heal themselves.

Make them glow a certain color like blue to make it fairly obvious that they are traitors.

Last edited by a moderator: