UE3 - UT3 UE3 Cooking/Package problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ranranru

Aug 11, 2011
Hi, I've been having problems recently trying to cook maps in UE3.

When I first open up UT3, I get this message:

(The map I used to get this error doesn't use the package mentioned but this package name seems to come up for it anyway)

When I try to cook the map, UE3 asks me if I want to save packages before I Publish, as well as displaying the error shown above again. When I decide not to, it will crash and come up with this error:

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
When you make a map, it creates a package for that particular map that holds certain things. You could put custom textures in it, for example, and when you build lights the game will save the shadowmap data into the map package.
Every map must have it's own.

So to fix your problem, you need to first save your package (or choose yes when it asks you before you publish).

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
When you make a map, it creates a package for that particular map that holds certain things. You could put custom textures in it, for example, and when you build lights the game will save the shadowmap data into the map package.
Every map must have it's own.

So to fix your problem, you need to first save your package (or choose yes when it asks you before you publish).

Actually, light maps for BSP/SM are kept in the actual map file. You can also place custom content (textures, materials, meshes, etc) in the map file as well (just like you could with a separate .upk file).

If you are using a sepearate .upk file (not ideal) for custom content, it needs to be saved separate from your actual map file.

It always asks if you want to save your packages. If you aren't using external packages, you can just say "no".

I think the problem you are having is the name of your map "CTF_ASHB", it should be named "CTF-ASHB". the "CTF-" part tells the game which game mode it works for.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
That first error is related to how the engine treats package files: In any case there must be at most one package with the same name in the engine's package search paths. Otherwise things can get inconsistent. If one map requires resources from such a package, the engine won't be able to figure out with of the packages it actually needs.