A Call To All Mod Authors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=182414

Yeah, you can just feel the high honor & love emanating forth from BU in this poor guys thread, lol.
No one wants to post content on a site that overly criticizes & bashes that content & author.
Instead of being encouraged, this newbie would be mapper was made fun of, and harshly discouraged.
BU has unwittingly stifled themselves.

Let's pick on the worse thread this forum contains, AND avoid AALLL the good ones.
What are you trying to prove? Why are you still here?

Reigning King of DM/CTF Mapping

Oh and I really like this attention to detail you've put in your custom user title. I know people in the industry wouldn't even dare mention that for themselves. Yet alone, for you.

Way to hijack/derail topics.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
No, post mortem. It is after death. It's the death of the product development process. The death occurs after the product has been released and the team moves on to the next product. The post mortem is about the development process and not the game itself.

I believe you but it seems a strange way to put things :D . After all, the game lives on and might need an update or two.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
hmm, I might consider writing up a Post-Mortem of YARM. I think I probably have an example of just about everything you should not do during development (as well as some processes that worked out quite well).

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
No, post mortem. It is after death. It's the death of the product development process. The death occurs after the product has been released and the team moves on to the next product. The post mortem is about the development process and not the game itself.
Which may or may not be the same project... especially for dev teams like the Team Fortress 2 team.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Which may or may not be the same project... especially for dev teams like the Team Fortress 2 team.

Most of the team has moved on. But due to the way Valve does credits you don't know who worked on the game, or at least was part of the core development team.

Anyway, I'm fine with not having a post-mortem of Team Fortress 2. That game doesn't interest me.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
The first time I read about "post-mortems" I thought they were interviews with dev teams of canceled mods in which they can explain what went wrong. I was surprised when I read "post-mortems" from dev teams of mods that were actually doing quite well and found out that "post-mortems" were really "post-release-thingies".
The name really is a bit counter intuitive.