Do you want Epic Games to hear your feedback?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Alt-Tab minimizes (but only if there's another open window/process) but the issue w/ windowing is if you change the window rez it also changes the fullscreen rez. UEng <=2.5 had seperate rez for windowed and fullscreen.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Heed the advice given in the post linked below:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=2081025&postcount=49

To sum things up: Epic reads your feedback unless you act like an asshat.

If you just want to make yet another witty, negative, and unconstructive remark, here's your thread: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=173723

That is not to say that complaints cannot be presented in well thought out and civil posts - they can. We all have wishlists concerning (insert issue here) and this forum is the place to make them known.

It's been a few months now and I think the time has come to realize that constant negativity is choking the forum like weeds and is doing nothing to move us all forward.

I'm Renegade Retard, and I approve of this post.

Sponsored and paid for by the Retard Congressional Party

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
well let's hope not, you're a mine of useful insight & i for one have learned a great deal from listening to you over the years.
Regardless, it seems many people do not see any of the useful stuff and only pay attention to my sarcasm and cynicism. I have an anti-fan club around here. Lots of people want me b&, apparently. :p

But I'm sure I'm on Epic's ignore list. The most likely candidate post was when WarTourist responded to someone's suggestion and I said directly after him something to the effect of "Wouldn't it be better to include basic features that every other FPS game has?" :)

My only official feedback for this thread given that Epic won't see it is to get some better maps made as soon as possible. The HOLP ones are better and more fun and those are about as basic as possible. Meanwhile Epic guys spend 100 hours making a map with forgettable gameplay look pretty. D:

There aren't any truly great maps, IMO. UT3's got nothing like Ironic, Antalus, Rankin, Pistola, Anfractuous, Orbital, Roughinery, Campgrounds, Goose, and Corrugation -- nothing great that'll stand the test of time.

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Honestly, If patch 2 fixes/adds most of the things it says it does, I don't really have any complaints...I hear that in Patch 2 when you put Crosshairs on setting 1 for size, it doesn't work and resets it back to the default size, Hope they get that fixed before the official patch is out.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Alt-Tab minimizes (but only if there's another open window/process) but the issue w/ windowing is if you change the window rez it also changes the fullscreen rez. UEng <=2.5 had seperate rez for windowed and fullscreen.

I have dual display so there's always at least one open window [irc usually]
Currently resetting the resolution in the engine.ini file & making it read only doesn't work either.
I'm having to start the game windowed, set it to fullscreen in game & lo & behold upon restarting it's back to windowed again.

Of course this assumes that gamespy is fricking working otherwise you just get to sit on the logging in... page until you remember to open the console type quit & then go play something else that actually works :mad:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Well ... anyone from Epic reading this thread? If so could you please answer some of my questions? Also I totally disagree with T2A about great maps in this version, one that is really good and will definitely be likened to Rankin imo is Defiance ... that map is just so good and has such great flow. Diesel will also go down as a classic indoor only industrial level. I won't go into the vehicle based levels since you don't care for those gametypes but for people who do there are some that are special and will definitely be called upon again in the next version of UT.

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
Do you want Epic Games to hear your feedback?

Answer: Tough luck, they will not.

Reason: EPIC is a company, and every company tries to maximize profit. EPIC is going to hear what makes them money and not the complaints of a very small minority (forum posters at BU or elsewhere).

I am sure EPIC will try to find why their sales are not that good, but I don't expect them looking for answers at BU. We are not important, sorry.

I am not even sure if EPIC wants to make money out of building games or out of licensing the engine. I don't like UT3 gameplay, but it is a showcase of technology. I am pretty sure that anyone who goes to EPIC for a demo of the tools, is given a quick tour of how UT3 was made.

It seems that money is in the console business, and that the majority of gamers are happy with simple game mechanics. Ohhh long post..... I am going out

Last edited:

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
To sum things up: Epic reads your feedback unless you act like an asshat.

Wrong. they delete, remove, and ignore your feedback EVEN IF you're not trying a be an, "asshat", as you say it. Post any criticism at all on epic forums, even without being an "asshat", i dare you. I'll be stunned if it even lasts an hour.

Last edited:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Wrong. they delete, remove, and ignore your feedback EVEN IF you're not trying a be an, "asshat", as you say it. Post any criticism at all on epic forums, even without being an "asshat", i dare you. I'll be stunned if it even lasts an hour.

Well first do a little searching on the forums. If you start a new thread that is along the lines of :deadhorse: I'm sure it's going to vanish w/o a trace.

subset

Nali Wardog
Feb 4, 2008
Austria
Hi,

here is a little example how well beloved WarTourist is doing his job.
Just three links:
Profile problem - Some help please?
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588586
Profile problem
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588664
Offline campaign & settings FIX
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588804

Apart from that he haven't a clue, there is no goodwill to help or support.
Just chrashing into threads, spamming useless links and closing threads.
He made three threads out of one with his grotesque behaviour.

WarTourist incarnates all attributes Epic Games have currently to offer:
arrogance, ignorance and incompetence.

Cheers

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
subset, I think you're being a bit hard on WT. The first link shows he's trying to help the guy, yet you bash him in the second link for doing so. And, I hardly think that because two players have the same issue that it makes it a "public" one. No need to bust someone's chops over it, anyway. In the third link, it is difficult to say what is going on there, because the link you provide from that post is gone now (due to the BUF Crash). Since nobody responded in your thread, I'll make the statement that you should put more blame on the community than Epic.

One thing I will note here is that a lot of threads get pushed back off the front page in a matter of a few hours on the UT3 Forums. That alone makes it very difficult for many readers to get good info, especially when it gets stretched across 25 new threads a day that nobody bothers looking at. Honestly, do you think Epic should respond to every single little complaint or problem that comes along? You see, that's what I'm getting from your post. Maybe I'm getting an incorrect vibe here, but when the community spams up the place with the same crap but in 80-100 new threads each day makes me feel a little less sympathy for a bunch of whiny arses and more supportive of the developer.

My point is that even if WT had posted the required information in the thread, it would have been overlooked in a less than a day. And seriously, Epic can't make every thread they post in into a sticky. Believe it or not, the community has always provided fix-it type info for all versions of UT over they years, even if epic could not or did not help. Why anyone would expect things to be different with UT3 is "beyond" me. Maybe it's just me, but I appreciate help no matter where or who it comes from.

Last edited:

subset

Nali Wardog
Feb 4, 2008
Austria
The first link shows he's trying to help the guy,...
I searched back then the forum because of this offline profile mess by Epic and GameSpy, which was given as a nasty little present to all offline players/buyers with the release version (as we all know, this annoying defect was fixed with patch 1.1).
Finally I found El Scumbago's message and...
"Check your private messages." was WarTourist's answer before closing the thread.
yet you bash him in the second link for doing so.
So, what I knew until then: as an offline player you can't save game settings nor campaign progress.
We, some friends and I, had already found out, that this issue was present on every system we tested offline.
What did i get from WarTourist? A link to his Ut3 FAQ:
"Q: How do I save my progress in the Single Player Campaign.
A: You need to create and login into a UT3 profile in order for your campaign game to be saved."
Which makes no sense: if you don't have inet, login online to save offline :stupid:
In the third link, it is difficult to say what is going on there, because the link you provide from that post is gone now (due to the BUF Crash). Since nobody responded in your thread, I'll make the statement that you should put more blame on the community than Epic.
The third thread was opend by myself, because I found the solution here.
It was about renaming the Player.ue3profile file, a perfect workaround for all offline players with version 1.0. I posted a german translation here:
http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=forum/showthread.php&threadid=7636
And as said before, WarTourist made three threads out of one.
Honestly, do you think Epic should respond to every single little complaint or problem that comes along?
First: this offline profile mess was no little problem at all.
Second: if they would come back down to earth, they would probably realize, that users can often help each other without admins and mods, if you let them.

Cheers

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
These aren't the Epic forums. If you want to discuss Epic's moderation decisions, please don't. You aren't going to accomplish anything.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I searched back then the forum because of this offline profile mess by Epic and GameSpy, which was given as a nasty little present to all offline players/buyers with the release version (as we all know, this annoying defect was fixed with patch 1.1).
Finally I found El Scumbago's message and...
"Check your private messages." was WarTourist's answer before closing the thread.

So, what I knew until then: as an offline player you can't save game settings nor campaign progress.
We, some friends and I, had already found out, that this issue was present on every system we tested offline.
What did i get from WarTourist? A link to his Ut3 FAQ:
"Q: How do I save my progress in the Single Player Campaign.
A: You need to create and login into a UT3 profile in order for your campaign game to be saved."
Which makes no sense: if you don't have inet, login online to save offline :stupid:

The third thread was opend by myself, because I found the solution here.
It was about renaming the Player.ue3profile file, a perfect workaround for all offline players with version 1.0. I posted a german translation here:
http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=forum/showthread.php&threadid=7636
And as said before, WarTourist made three threads out of one.

First: this offline profile mess was no little problem at all.
Second: if they would come back down to earth, they would probably realize, that users can often help each other without admins and mods, if you let them.

Cheers
Oh, so it's WT's fault that you had to create two whole new threads about something you could have found if you searched a bit? You just validated my earlier points.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Oh wow, now its hit this thread! Here I was thinking we could have a thread with some objective views without all the mud throwing, guess thats beyond some people.

All I know is that problem could have been listed without all the rest, hell the problem is fixed in version 1.1 so thats not doing any good now is it.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
LOL.

I just found out I'm banned at Epic's forums too (yet another "some random troll") and I don't even remember posting over there recently! The last thing I remember posting there was some months ago agreeing with hal for one reason or another.

Edit. Yup. My last post there was 11-05-2007 in a thread about someone remaking DM-Under, and I said not to remake it unless something was done about the very long lines of sight since that were the main issue with the map. My posts before that were on 10-18-2007 in agreement with hal that UT2003/4 were originally console games, just as I said.

It appears that I got banned there for voicing my opinion over here.

Epic can go f**k themselves. Seriously. I don't even know why a few of them are pretending to care about their community -- they obviously do not.

Last edited:

subset

Nali Wardog
Feb 4, 2008
Austria
If you want to discuss Epic's moderation decisions, please don't.
I don't want to discuss Epic's moderation.
In the first post of this thread is a link to a post from WarTourist.
There he explains proudly how Epic guys are cultivating their own ignorance.
In assistance to WarTourist I only wanted to give an appropriate example.

Cheers

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
17. Rules of Online Behavior.

(a) By accessing, participating on, or otherwise using the online features of the Software, you agree to the following:
i. You will not present any content through chat features or other features of the Software that:
A. Contains offensive, profane, harassing, defamatory, inappropriate, racist, threatening, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material;

B. Contains slanderous or libelous comments about other users, Epic or Midway employees, or other individuals;

C. Contains personal information about any individual;

D. Violates the privacy of any other individual or entity;

E. Contains business solicitation of any type, including advertising a product or service, offering a product or service for sale, or directing readers to a location for more information about a product or service;

F. Contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of Epic's or Midway's system or a third party's computer;

G. Undermines the operation of a forum, chat room, or other feature; or

H. Infringes upon the rights of any third party.

ii. You understand and agree that Epic or Midway will remove postings that contain objectionable material, spam, or otherwise violates the foregoing terms.

iii. Use of distribution lists in electronic mail or other mass electronic mailings is subject to the approval of Epic and Midway. Any unauthorized use of distribution lists is strictly prohibited, and may be discontinued at the sole discretion of Epic or Midway.

iv. By participating in Epic or Midway websites, you agree not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent your affiliation with any person or entity.

v. Message boards and other features provided by Epic or Midway may not be used for unauthorized electronic commerce. Use of any of our websites’ features, including but not limited to message boards, for the sale of products or services (including participation in any affiliate program other than that operated by Epic or Midway) is prohibited. If, in the sole discretion of Epic or Midway respectively, you are found to be using Epic or Midway websites for any inappropriate commercial purpose, Epic or Midway (as appropriate) reserves the right to take action to end such activity.

vi. Unless Epic and Midway let you know otherwise, you may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit any Epic or Midway website, or any part of it.

(b) Your use of all of the online features of the Software is subject to these Rules of Online Behavior, any other terms applicable to the various features of our sites, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Epic or Midway may terminate your account if we believe, using our sole discretion, that you have violated any of these Rules of Online Behavior, any other terms of this license, or any law.

Some of you might want to take a look at this, mostly covers UTforums but it could answer some of your questions. Yes this is the EULA for UT3 :eek::rolleyes:

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
Okay here is my little wishlist:

1. I like the "Follow player" option, but before i follow a player, i want to see what he/she is playing. I dont like to play WAR of VCTF but some of my friends do like it, so before i click on follow player i would like to see a option were i can see what kind of gametype he/she is playing.

2. When i am in the server browser, then it would be nice, just like UT2k4 had, to see the player-names on the server. Now you can only see wich mutators are running.

3. An option to turn the "you have received a message from" OFF while i'm playing, its really annoying when it pops up while playing.

4. When i go for a offline game and i'm scrolling thru the maplist then a double click on a map should be enough to load the map?

5. Paste IP numbers would be great.

Well thats it for now.

Gr Fragger

Last edited by a moderator: