Need a scripters help-Gravity changing actor (UT99)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Heey, I'm new around here so I don't have any fancy pictures yet, I need a triggerable actor wich preferbly gradually changes gravity, an adjustable ammount if possible. Some kind of zone? Something like the Choas UT vortex maybe?

Tanx to whom ever replys.
GreetZ XepptizZ

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
Well, atleast give me some tut's, it's gonna be for a beautiful map.

Pretty Please?

Is there no other way to change gravity in-game? (except for the moving chamber, moving from zone to zone)

Just chekin' how to insert an image,

GRRRR, can't insert an image!!! [It's probably my stupidity, o well]

Last edited:

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
i think if theirs a low amout of friction you could place a string of low force kickers in a series so that the velocity would accumulate over distance

i'm not too good with programing either but i've got an addiquite understanding of physics

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
I had a custom coded actor for actually triggering a change in gravity... not gradually though. From one of the ChaosUT coders too.

I suppose you could daisy chain them and gradually change it...

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
This thread is way old, but thnx anyway, I've uploaded the map wich needed the thing already, a few months afterwards I found what I was lookin for. An actor wich changed the gravity when triggered for a certain ammount of time.

XepptizZ

May 17, 2004
In solitude
Not really, cuz it was already uploaded. I didn't really get any help at that moment in this forum, but I got some help at unrealplayground.

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
i guess ill rephrase this too

congratulations of figuring out how to make that work