Beginner help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sheepsteak

Jan 13, 2003
England
Visit site
There are a couple of things I need to know before I can start messing around with the U2R. I can't seem to get my HelloWorld mutator working. I've only played with mutators in UT2003 and I was able to select it from the main menu in that so there was no problem. I've tried using "EM_Runtime?=MutHelloWorld.HelloWorld" as a command line but it starts the map and doesn't use the mutator.

Also I can't seem to get the console working, I tried using "Tab=Console" in the User.ini but I've had no luck. Could someone help me with these problems, please?

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
The console drops down with the ` (tilde) key. I believe it's hardcoded. And EM_Runtime?mutator=MutHelloWorld.HelloWorld might work. We didn't test mutator functionality, though. Might not.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
sheepsteak said:
Also I can't seem to get the console working, I tried using "Tab=Console" in the User.ini but I've had no luck. Could someone help me with these problems, please?
Try the ConsoleToggle or ConsoleOpen commands. They will only work for opening the console, though. For real toggleing throug ha key you'll have to change the keycode in [Engine.Console] ConsoleKey in UE2RUNTIME.ini. Valid codes can be derived from the EInputKey enum declared in the Engine.Interactions class. If you're not sure about a key name, just bind the desired key to any command (e.g. "jump") using the built-in keybinder and check which key name this command was bound to in User.ini.

Vito said:
And EM_Runtime?mutator=MutHelloWorld.HelloWorld might work. We didn't test mutator functionality, though. Might not.
From what I can see the GameInfo.InitGame() code is almost identical to the UT2003 version, so adding mutators or gamerules from the URL should work.

Last edited: