Bio-Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hot or Not?

• I`m loving it because I do know how to use it

Votes: 64 70.3%
  • I like it but I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I don`t like it because I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I hate it even I do know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
:biorifle: :cheers: :D

I'm never going to be pro, so I'll keep on enjoying myself with the Bio if that's alright with everyone else.

biostats.gif

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
SlipStreams_65 said:
Thats the best counter-argument Ive ever heard. It really motivated me to stop arguing because somehow you can telepathically tell me that Im wrong.
It may not be useless for ons in taking out a node, but just try killing dan with goo and out of 100 tires you may get him once or twice. ;)

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
Last time I watched No Escape 2 dc didn't have anything against Bio ;D

It's not a great weapon, but it's better than nothing. It's fun too :)

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Yeh Love the bio. Get some fun kils, its great for spamming people coming out of jail in Jailbreak ;)
Also you can still get kills with a really high ping.

I have a habit of killing myself with it though

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Once again dc- is the only one here who knows anything about the game.

As for the bio, I much preferred it in 2k3 than 2k4.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
hal said:
I love the bio. It's one weapon that I always :lol: whenever I get hit with it.

Also, mid-air bio is priceless.

:stupid:
dc-:biorifle:
;)

Ninja edit:
I agree with Brizz, it flew much farther in 2k3 :D

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
It's way too defensive.

Bio is the worst time of suppressive spam ever.

Throwing bio on pickups or using it on very easy chokepoints are it's most effective uses. With other weapons like shock and rockets, you can atleast dodge the projectile and sneak in, but bio makes it impossible.

Plus when someone is "owned" by bio they are more than likely just getting owned by their ping. Too many people act like bio takes skill, when in fact it's probably the easiest weapon to use in ut2004.

But I do enjoy using it for trickjumping however.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
briach said:
It's way too defensive.

Bio is the worst time of suppressive spam ever.

Throwing bio on pickups or using it on very easy chokepoints are it's most effective uses. With other weapons like shock and rockets, you can atleast dodge the projectile and sneak in, but bio makes it impossible.
Like dc said earlier, one rocket to yourdestination means the goo is no longer a problem. It is a great defensive weapon because THAT IS WHAT IT WAS TUNED FOR. Other than the Bio, there really isn't another defensive weapon.
Plus when someone is "owned" by bio they are more than likely just getting owned by their ping. Too many people act like bio takes skill, when in fact it's probably the easiest weapon to use in ut2004.
You're kidding me, right???? Bio takes more skill than almost any other gun for one shot kills, because it's splash damage is obvious and the glob travles so slowly. The fact that hardly anyone uses it and hardly anyone knows how to play against it only make that more obvious.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
WTF. Goo travels faster than any other projectile. Air goo is much easier than air rox/flak. Also, all guns in UT2004 are defensive. The only thing that really promotes aggression is the powerups.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Sir_Brizz said:
Like dc said earlier, one rocket to yourdestination means the goo is no longer a problem.
So I have to switch to rockets, and shoot the goo just in time for them to throw another blob of goo at where I want to go?(LoL)

The only way to counter goo, is to be conservative with movement, so you keep your dodge jump and distance so you can get out of the splash radius when he/she fires. Goo doesn't take nearly the amount of skill to use as lightning, shock, link, rockets, flak, piston, etc etc to use effectively.

You're kidding me, right???? Bio takes more skill than almost any other gun for one shot kills, because it's splash damage is obvious and the glob travles so slowly. The fact that hardly anyone uses it and hardly anyone knows how to play against it only make that more obvious.
laff

All bio whores know that you wait for them to dodge jump and it's an easy shot, because the bio travels so fast.

Not to mention most 1 shot kills come from spamming choke points, pickups, or really easily predictable jump pad trajectories.

Effective use of bio in higher skill levels usually is compromised of spamming behind or over walls, or waiting for an enemy to dodge jump and making very easy prediction shots without having to worry about missing because of the insane splash.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
briach, you seem to be doing a nice job of making dc-'s viewpoint in this thread look good.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
I just don't like bio in ws on or TAM because there shouldn't be a lot of conservative play in pub games like that, because it takes away from the fun, but I like it in ws off 1v1 or TDM, because those involve a lot of yielding, mapcontrol and positioning.

I just think people overrate the skill involved in using a weapon with insane splash. I like bio in 1v1 and TDM ws off, but then again I'm just an odd one that loves the shieldgun and dislikes newnet.

Bio adds a lot to ut2k4's movement aswell.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Sir_Brizz said:
briach, you seem to be doing a nice job of making dc-'s viewpoint in this thread look good.
Yeah, fu briach. You aren't allowed to agree with me because my opinion is different from most of the other's.