UT2003 - Skin - Bleodsian by Continuum

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this skin?

• :tup:

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • :con:

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Name: Bleodsian
System Requirements: Unreal Tournament 2003
Author: Continuum
Download: SkinCity - 13.44 MB

Screenshot:
pic2_id2298.jpg

Model: Juggernaut Male A (original)
Animations: Original
Voice: Juggernaut Male (original)

SinglePlayer (None/PlayerOnly/TeamMate/Both): Full Support
Team Colours (None/2/4): 4
# of skins: 6
Custom Bio: Yes
Type of Installation: Manual
Known Issues: none
Additional Info:
#cool special effects
#teamcolors used for additional DM-suits

Bleodsian - It has been quite about time for a new and nice Juggernaut

Continuum seems to be unstopable and on a skinning spree. This time he has taken care of a Juggernaut, let`s take a closer look at his efforts.

The first time I read about his skin I accidently read "Blödian" which is a german word for "jack-ass", but this one can definitaly classified beeing a hot rod.

The Facts:
Continuum seems to be a fan of cool special effects, which result in a heavy weight of download size. But even if I had only a 56k modem I`d wait until I have every KB on my HD.

As a small bonus he included a Matrix version of his skin (there is an easter egg hidden in the matrix "stripes", so curious people should take a closer look again - well I classify this as an easter egg) and all 4 teamcolors for DM-only play.

The Pros:
+ Supports up to 4 palyer battles
+ All teamcolors can be used for Death Matches
+ I just love the special effects!
+ The suit looks great.
+ Nice portraits

The Cons:
- I`ve figured out that in newer versions of UT2004 even "botuse=0" bots might be spawned. The best solution here is to leave this parameter entirely out.
- Gold TC looks to similar to Green TC sometimes in the heat of a battle

The Bottom Line:
I`m looking forward to Continuum`s future releases due his skills are raising with the number of his releases! Good Juggernaut skins have been rare in the last time so even non jug fanatics can enjoy this one.

TOTAL SCORE: 7.50/10

Last edited by a moderator:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
lol you must have opened it up and looked through it pretty well to find the "egg" for this one...:)

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I couldn't find an egg :(

As for the skin, it shows Continuum is well on his way to being dominant in the arena (with some practice). The entire package is so professionally done it'd put most skinners to shame.

The default skin's not really to my taste (where texturing is concerned) but the extra skin is simply great. It must have taken forever to make this pack and keeping track of all the little bits that make up the entire package had to have been a nightmare, so well done!

The only real con I'd have is having all the extras in DM. Personally I wouldn't want them all - One is cool or two for choice but no more imho. TCs for the extra skin would have been nice as that's more to my taste :)

Gets a high 7.5/10 from me too. Can't wait to see what the future holds for Continuum if this is anything to go by :D

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
8.0 from me, as it's practicly the only Juggernaut skin I'll keep.

For Continuum's effots (and finally showing me a good Jugg skin), I award him one of these.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
MäxX said:
Take a closer look at the fonts of the Matrix ;)

Not much for an easter egg but putting some funny random stuff in my skins kidof keeps the creativity going for me, plus hiding stuff is fun ;)

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Bear with me I'm not putting extra sugar on this first "review" I make.
I took a look on this one. Here's what I have to say:
Pros:
+Lot's of effects.
+Bio that does it for me, not much to do that but it's a good bio.
+4 TC's selectable in as player. And not TC's to make them change when in a teamgame if that's what you want. Yeah I count that as a pro.

Cons:
-Confusing skin, all those weird highlights/shadows not using the models actual shape. Making it look really weird.
-Skin Color scheme makes him look sick, but maybe that's just the enhancers? Who knows.
-Effects, especially the cubemap shader, are ackward. Maybe try some other settings out and use a *real cubemap next time?

I give it a 6.25/10 from here.
Worth a download, but for me not the all-time keeper. Too many effects and a confusing style doesn't quite apply to me. I know difference in personalities.

My advice keep it down on all those effects with highlights and shadows. Keep it more plain/hard and match up the shapes/lights. This is what I like, but I'm not everyone.

* By real this i mean a real cubemap with a real panorama picture sliced up in 6 pieces. Maybe manipulated.
This is what I mean, a clicky

Last edited:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
the_rex said:
* By real this i mean a real cubemap with a real panorama picture sliced up in 6 pieces. Maybe manipulated.
This is what I mean, a clicky

Mostly the matrix skin was just messing around with stuff, as for using a cubemap on a skin I'm not sure it would ever look right anyway.

Thanks for review though :)