CTF4 for UT2004!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
NOICE! i cant wait for this! but cmon lets come up with some original stuff :p even if there are 2 more ways to go in face classic its still dammed face classic that ive played OVER AND OVER AGAIN! id like to see a map with a upper level jungle like then a network of caves below that... up to the challange DP? :p

*** EDIT make sure Insta Gib works... i cant live without my instagib :-D

Last edited:

blueneo

Oct 17, 2004
awesome

First off, I want to say Dark_Pulse is frickin awesome. It just has to be said.
Second off, This is honestly the best thing to happen to UT since 2k4's inception. And if Overload would cross my path I would bow.

Also Face must be reincarnated. Its a must.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
blueneo said:
First off, I want to say Dark_Pulse is frickin awesome. It just has to be said.
Second off, This is honestly the best thing to happen to UT since 2k4's inception. And if Overload would cross my path I would bow.

Also Face must be reincarnated. Its a must.
You just say that because I've been kicking your ass for the better part of the last two years. :p

And yes, as I said, Face is being redone by Teddie Tapawan.

CountBloody

The Undead Spider Whore
Aug 13, 2004
Well when I heard about VCTF, I thought cool. Now with CTF4, I'm like WOW this is going to Rock. I'll d-load it later today, after I get home from work.
GJ & keep up the good work.

blueneo

Oct 17, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
You just say that because I've been kicking your ass for the better part of the last two years. :p

And yes, as I said, Face is being redone by Teddie Tapawan.

Yes, and that is why I worship you. All I can say is this smilie displays best how I have been treated over the years. :cake: Haha. But yes, this release is going to rule. And the maps we could make would be limitless. I should continue what I started erlier.

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot wait to see what kind of maps the public will come up with. Sure, there'll be conversions aplenty, but it's the ORIGINAL maps I'd like to see.

There's gonna be some slick stuff... just you wait.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
what a stupid idea , just imagine the guy who caries all the enemies flag ,

just imagine the anouncer! yellow flag taken , yellow flag return blue flag taken , red flag taken , yellow flag taken , blue team score ..... (too long for me to continue)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
m&ms said:
Seems like you have a good basis to make BR4, pretty please!

no

Quad dommination (just imagine the announcer once again! ARGGGGGG)

my anwser remains the same ,

NO

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
Kantham said:
what a stupid idea , just imagine the guy who caries all the enemies flag ,

just imagine the anouncer! yellow flag taken , yellow flag return blue flag taken , red flag taken , yellow flag taken , blue team score ..... (too long for me to continue)
Actually, it will only play the Announcer for your team, to prevent that. Messages will still be on the HUD showing other Team activities though.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
Actually, it will only play the Announcer for your team, to prevent that. Messages will still be on the HUD showing other Team activities though.

anyway

mapping for this gametype will be easy

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Dark Pulse said:
You think so? It's not easy at all.

A Good CTF4 is like a good CTF map... but twice as hard. ALL Bases must be balanced, accessible by roughly the same means, etc.
I would think it would be about the same as a CTF map...design a base with entrances/exits on the center, and one or two routes on the left that would connect to a same kind of route on the right. Then copy that base so you'll have 4, and finally make a center that connects the center routes.

Note: making a CTF-4 map will require more work than a regular CTF-map (repainting to represent a base color has to be done 4 times instead of just 2 times)