Abs != Modulo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hi,

The description on the following wiki page is incorrect.

Modulo is the operator that is usually symbolized by % and returns the remainder when a number A is divided by a number B.

http://www.unrealwiki.com/Legacy:Global_Function_(UT)

float Abs (float A) [static]
Returns the absolute value (also known as the modulo) of A, usually written |A|. Eg: Abs(5) == Abs(-5) == 5.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Oops, yes I guess I can do that myself :p .

P.S: The idea of wikis needs a overhaul. At the moment, you have the equivalent of a super version of wordpad with an incremental save system. What needs to be done is to make things so information is cut up into basic units that can be imported/exported/reused/combined.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Here's a quick reply to enlighten you ;) :

Abs : Absolute value or value without minus sign.
Modulo : Divides a number by another number and gives you what's left. It's a great way to test if it can be properly divided by or is a factor of something.
!= : Not equal to (but I suppose you knew that)

As for wikis, well they have some drawbacks. One of them is that they have to be managed with authority which in itself could introduce bias. Also, information is mostly managed as pages of text or subpages. This means that refactoring content can prove a pain. Also, you can't really extract pure information from a wiki like you can with a database. In short, it's the modern day equivalent of a book.

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I can't get the wiki to load, so I can't check.
But yeah, like has been said, you can just fix the error.

I would have said the opposite about reusability. We've emphasised fairly small chunks of information for tutorials that can be used in different contexts.
And the wiki is run on top of a database, so if you really wanted to extract the data, you could :)