A few questions for FMI

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Since you guys (FMI) generally dont respond unless prompted unless its in a vague fashion, I'm going to try and get to the point with a few questions.

What's the verdict on the movement? Are you unable to change it at all? Can it at least be tweaked?

Is the sound going to be fixed? Right now its just not proper. Raptors come out of nowhere with no sound. Turrets can't be heard. I've played 2k4 mods where the sound is fine. Will we see this fixed sometime?

Are the skins going to be changed? As is, the tags above a friendly's head are the only way to tell if a teammate is actually a teammate, especially in darker or colored-light situations. This holds true for turrets, as they are incredibly difficult to spot and the muzzleflash is hardly noticeable. Can we expect this to be corrected soon?

What other bugs can we hope to see squashed in the next patch?

We've heard what everyone else has to say. Can we get some word from the people making the mod, and get an idea as to what direction we're heading in?

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
kino.gif

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
i actually agree with fleury
with other mods they usually announce what the hell they are doing to improve the game and what other improvements there are
with fmi it's like
nothing.

give me sum popcorn cyb

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
We've been taking a break from bug-fixing, mostly.

It looks like the dodge-pause thing is hardcoded, sound isn't something we've really looked into yet, the brightness of the skins will probably be turned up a bit, we don't have any elaborate bug-fixing schemes.

Mo'Tussin

Nov 21, 2004
Dawsonville, GA
"we don't have any elaborate bug-fixing schemes"

A non-elaborate bug-fixing scheme in 3 easy steps:

This should be easy and beneficial to both FMI and the players.

Step one: Get each member of FMI to look at the bug list and choose the ones they are pretty sure they can fix easily.

Step two: Choose enough of those to make a good "Worst gameplay bugs" poll.

Step three: Work on the bugs that get voted the highest.

This way you get feedback as to the most aggravating bugs from the players standpoint and the players get feedback as to which bugs FMI is currently concerned with.

Good Idea?? This is the easiest/quickest thing I could think of.
Thank you FMI for keeping xmp alive.
-Mo'Tussin

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
IndianPsycho said:
We've been taking a break from bug-fixing, mostly.

It looks like the dodge-pause thing is hardcoded, sound isn't something we've really looked into yet, the brightness of the skins will probably be turned up a bit, we don't have any elaborate bug-fixing schemes.

Dude...wtf is going on here?

If you're going to take a break, the community would be grateful if you would at least release a patch of the most recent fixes up to your "break".

Take breaks as you need, don't get me wrong - but if you're going to sit on these bug fixes while you take a break for undisclosed amount of time that just sucks ass.

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
omf not the straws!!!!!!!!111!1!1!!11! /me hands snake and all of fmi u2xmp and tells them to play it and study it and make utxmp more like u2xmp

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Take the break, enjoy it, you need it after all the bombardment you get on these forums :rolleyes:

BTW WTF is Kirby on about? Straws? Like stripy red and white ones? I prefer the green ones really.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
great, now we know what you are doing, enjoy it, play sum games you like, go to the beach, ...

thx for the info

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
fireball said:
No dev team can work 24/7 forever. Everybody eventually just needs to do SOMETHING else. This realisation usually occurs some point after you start coding things in your dreams.

Yes, that has happened to me.
Dreams to you, nightmares to others!

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
fireball said:
No dev team can work 24/7 forever. Everybody eventually just needs to do SOMETHING else. This realisation usually occurs some point after you start coding things in your dreams.

Yes, that has happened to me.
Thats such a coincidence!

You code things in my dreams too!

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Ciced said:
I expect it's because any mention of what they are upto is met with five pages of whining 'vets' who think they know better.

yeah...I expect the same pretty much.

Also, I agree with what Fleury commented on originally :tup:

moeptier

Jan 7, 2004
Hey, FMI .. have you continued bugfixing or are u still taking a break?
Don't missunderstand me - take breaks as u need them, but i only wanted to hear, that you guys are still working on utxmp (as long as it may take until you're ready) :rolleyes: :D