Safegame and UTXMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BetaButterfly

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
www.nobullclan.org
Well, safegame has already caught several cheaters in the few short days it's been up, so I think it's safe to say that it's working beautifully.

For anyone interested in running this anti-cheat on their server, goto:

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8847

This is a great alternative to AntiTCC, which has already been hacked for quite some time and will not be updated.

Servers running the latest Safegame are:

{NB} Clan Server
69.28.252.34:7777
Password is nobull
www.nobullclan.org

BBF-XMP
67.19.100.189:7777
www.Clanbbf.com

If I missed anyone, please post here. It's always nice to play on a good clean server. ;)

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Safegame is not 100 percent in catching just cheaters. People who have perfectly legal skins and models that they are using instead of standed ut2004/xmp stuff may find themselves branded a "cheater" although you've done nothing wrong.

It's very sensitive test but definitely not specific (for those of you into stats).

BetaButterfly

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
www.nobullclan.org
They don't get branded for legit skins or timeouts. There are logs that help the admins determine who's actually cheating and who got a false positive. So no need to panic if safegame kicks you if you're not actually cheating. :D

Mercenary

>ÐË
Nov 11, 2004
omg i got my ip banned from the best server for having duplicate files in my cache folder?

BetaButterfly

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
www.nobullclan.org
Were you banned or just kicked?

I can hardly believe you'd be banned for multiple files. If you were kicked, just go clean out your cache and you should be able to get right back on the server.

If you were banned, you can contact the admin and give your side of the story. They can then check their logs and determine if it was a mistake or not.

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
S.I.X was killed by: Safe Game

The ****ing thing lags your frames in the case of people like Jago, down to 1 or 2 fps, and even if you have a decent card it's like 20 fps which those people can't tolerate. It's killed me enough times for me to be more than a little pissed off, and it checks every single ****ing map...sometimes it would seem, twice. So uh...I hate safe game, i mean, if it's all we have, then fine...but if we can get something that doesn't make the game die at crucial points, then that would also be good.

BetaButterfly

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
www.nobullclan.org
Wow. OK. Umm, strange.

I'm going to have to try and post something over on the other forums to find out why safegame lags some people and not others.

I know that it's a little jittery in the very beginning, but then it's all over. So not sure what to tell you bud.

What's your computer's specs? I seriously doubt that's the problem, but just out of curiousity. Because it's very strange that a few have stepped forward to say how laggy it is, when for the most part, after the initial check, people usually forget it's there. But for the ppl that lag, maybe there's a common denominator.

So I'm asking anyone who lags because of safegame, please post your computer specs here. Just in case it doesn't like a certain vid card, or driver or something odd and off-the-wall. Please include your ping and any other info you think might be useful.

Thanks.

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
In this comp i've got an N-Vidia G-force4 ti 4600 card, my processor right now is an AMD chip running at a measily 1.7 gig, cause my fan is ****ed, and i'm in the middle of changing some parts around...On board sound and what not...Normally i play with decent frames, but ****ing safegame ****s me up for a while, and it's right at the start so you get behind on the first spawn, which blows.

Killinya

[BBF]Killinya
Feb 2, 2004
S.I.X said:
In this comp i've got an N-Vidia G-force4 ti 4600 card, my processor right now is an AMD chip running at a measily 1.7 gig, cause my fan is ****ed, and i'm in the middle of changing some parts around...On board sound and what not...Normally i play with decent frames, but ****ing safegame ****s me up for a while, and it's right at the start so you get behind on the first spawn, which blows.

safegame aint ur problem... your vid card is... your cpu & memory have to carry the load ur vid card cant... I think ull find the same problem on other servers..

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Actually, it's a well known fact that U2XMP sux major ass on any Athlon XP CPU. Trust me, I know, I've been there. I wish a Legend dev would step in and confirm why this is the case, but I am almost certain it's because the Athlon XP does not support Intel's SSE2 instructions (whereas the Athlon64 and any P4 does). Heck, even a wimp-ass Geforce3 can play the game just fine with an Athlon64 2800.

Last edited:

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Ah, yeah, i've got all my detail on high, but Safe-Game is still a frame raper. Like, everyone in my clan i'm on ts with is bitching about it whenever we play a server that has it on, it just lags the **** out of ya. I don't think it matters that my computer isn't great at running the game, it runs it smooth as a baby's ass until safe-game is involved, smoother even. Like, it runs damn good otherwise, so i'd have to say that it's safe-game that's the problem...Even if the problem doesn't occur for everyone.

BetaButterfly

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
www.nobullclan.org
Actually, my lowest running computer is an Athlon XP 2400+ with a FX5600 on the highest detail and has no trouble at all. Maybe we could look into how non-fx cards handle safegame. Also, what driver are you using? And what are your average fps with and without safegame?

Out of curiousity, how many other processes do you have running and WHAT other processes do you have running. Could also be a software issue, eventhough I think it's highly unlikely, but one never knows, lol.

And lastly, memory. You running sdram or ddr and what type (i.e. pc133, pc3200)?

Status
Not open for further replies.