For those U.S. BuF'ers moving to another country post here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
Dude, it's Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican. Don’t you get it? :lol:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
PsychoMoggieBagpuss said:
Says the guy with the nazi avatar?

It's a picture of a Bush's Youth child.:D

<--- Voted straight Ds and is taking his multi thousand dollars in taxes generating ass out of this nazi ran country.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's pretty sad to see people consider abandoning a country (jokingly or not) because they lose an election. That's the way it works, folks. You place your vote and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

If you believe in something, stay and compete in the arena of ideas. Convince people that they should believe what you do. Work for a campaign, start a non-violent movement, write and publish articles of your ideas. Don't put your tail between your legs, gather your toys, and run off because you lose.

If you believe in what you say, then make it matter. You do nothing by running away.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Some folks are not talking of leaving because they simply lost an election, they just
may be talking of leaving because they fear for the future.

Me, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be here to be a voice of dissent, to fight against
the “Evangelic States of America,” to scream “I told you so” at every turn, to force
my representatives to fight the neo-puritans, the neo-cons, and the corporate-owned,
and to help ensure America stays what the founding fathers intended it to be.

Last edited:

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
Lizard Of Oz said:
I’ll be here to be a voice of dissent, to fight against
the “Evangelic States of America,” to scream “I told you so” at every turn, to force
my representatives to fight the neo-puritans, the neo-cons, and the corporate-owned,
and to help ensure America stays what the founding fathers intended it to be.

In other words, there'll be more "Bush sucks" political threads :D

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Lizard Of Oz said:
Some folks are not talking of leaving because they simply lost an election, they just
may be talking of leaving because they fear for the future.

Me, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be here to be a voice of dissent, to fight against...

See, that's the correct response.

If someone fears for the future of his/her country... is abandoning it right?

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
hal said:
See, that's the correct response.

No, thats just the kneejerk reaction of people with no faith in their convictions.
If you're not prepared to stay and fight for your convictions then maybe they weren't the right ones in the first place.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
If half my grandparents had stayed in Germany and openly resisted the Nazis, half of me wouldn't be here today (neither would the British girl I'm pursuing, either), preparing to covertly resist a new generation of fascists.

I don’t think most Jews realized how dangerous Mr. Hitler was before it was too late.

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
I didnt move out of this country either when Suharto (our former dictator) got re-elected for the last time and military law and riots seems to be predictably imminent within the next years, some of my friends did move to singapore and australia and stuff. I stayed and when that moment came in '98 I can be proud that I helped bringing that guy down by demonstrating on the roads (it was not low-risk, students get shot while marching on the roads back then, some even died but that caused more and more people going down the road). Altough my parents were mad at me for refusing to stay tucked nicely at home :D

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
hal said:
It's pretty sad to see people consider abandoning a country (jokingly or not) because they lose an election. That's the way it works, folks. You place your vote and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

If you believe in something, stay and compete in the arena of ideas. Convince people that they should believe what you do. Work for a campaign, start a non-violent movement, write and publish articles of your ideas. Don't put your tail between your legs, gather your toys, and run off because you lose.

If you believe in what you say, then make it matter. You do nothing by running away.

I am moving because America's ideals have shifted too far to the right and it appears to keep moving that way(thank you 9/11:(). I have also noticed that people are less tolerable of those whom really aren't that different or what I would even condsider out of the norm. It seemed like back in the 90's we were moving in the right direction for the US's future, but with the tech boom a lot of Americans figured that since they have made some money that they should join the Republican Party.:rolleyes: I admit I made a lot more money during that time too, but I did not lot it effect my personal beliefs that there are others out there that needs help as well as a world outside our borders that matter.

I have been to many countries around the world, and have liked a lot of them, but none of them have made the impression on me than like Japan did. Everyone there is very polite to each other and have a mutual respect. It's not uncommon to see a business man and a guy with bright pink hair(sorry couldn't think of a better example) and the guy with the hair gets no stares from anyone and they are not afraid of him either. In the US it is very common to see rude staring, whispering, and snickering. My mother raised me to be better than that, so it really bothers me when I see people act that way in public.:shake:

It also bothers me that so many Americans have this "**** the rest of the world attitude." We are the single world super power right now, and we use our power responsibly, but many on the conservative right think that the rest of the world is our personal gimps to give hot carls to as we please. I think this is very embarrassing as an American, and I am ashamed of my country for beings so self centered.

Like I said before. Even though I will no longer live here, I realize that it is a privilege of having a voice in American Elections because of how it effects the rest of the world. I plan on keeping my citizenship so I can vote in the elections so I can vote for what I feel is in the best intrest of the world. Maybe someday I will come back, but soon Japan will be the place I call home.:)

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
PsychoMoggieBagpuss said:
No, thats just the kneejerk reaction of people with no faith in their convictions.
If you're not prepared to stay and fight for your convictions then maybe they weren't the right ones in the first place.
:tup:

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
BillyBadAss said:
It also bothers me that so many Americans have this "**** the rest of the world attitude." We are the single world super power right now, and we use our power responsibly, but many on the conservative right think that the rest of the world is our personal gimps to give hot carls to as we please. I think this is very embarrassing as an American, and I am ashamed of my country for beings so self centered.

Wow.

I don't understand how you can say that.
The US is a huge supplier of aid to foreign countries.
To the tune of billions upon billions of dollars, that have been spent to fight global AIDS, hunger, child survival, education, natural disasters, and environmental issues (just to name a few).

BillyBadAss said:
In the US it is very common to see rude staring, whispering, and snickering. My mother raised me to be better than that, so it really bothers me when I see people act that way in public.

As for the strange looks that are given to spikey haired folks, how does that have anything to do with politics (the main focus of this thread)? There is no way you can blame that on the government.

If you want to leave, then do so. Just don't use the election as a scapegoat to your unhappiness here.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
hal said:

Yes.

For them.

Not for the country, obviously, but this is the age of globalisation and anyone who still cares about countries deserves all the unemployment and wars they get.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
becoming i said:
As for the strange looks that are given to spikey haired folks, how does that have anything to do with politics (the main focus of this thread)? There is no way you can blame that on the government.

If you want to leave, then do so. Just don't use the election as a scapegoat to your unhappiness here.

Apparently you havn't read all the posts in this thread. Some people seemed to think that it's the only reason people were leaving. I clearly stated that I was planning on leaving before, and I gave reasons why. It appears you are suffering from a case of tunnel vision when you read my post.