Bio gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
the UT3 bio is so much more powerful than previous iterations (but then again everything else is too)

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
the UT3 bio is so much more powerful than previous iterations (but then again everything else is too)

For direct attacks, laying in the ground it either gets shot or fades, this is its greatest weakness,its nothing more than a shat shooter now.

Apr 11, 2006
I would much rather prefer the primary fire be improved and the secondary fire be toned down. 21 damage per primary hit? Way too weak.

ZippyDSMlee, your comments seem pretty irrational. It's not like you couldn't blow up bio rifle goo with weaponsfire in past games. I also fail to see how having goo that can actually stick around for significant periods of time if no one detonates it makes it useless as a trap weapon, compared to 2k4's version which would only stick around for 2 seconds even if you didn't blow it up.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
I would much rather prefer the primary fire be improved and the secondary fire be toned down. 21 damage per primary hit? Way too weak.

ZippyDSMlee, your comments seem pretty irrational. It's not like you couldn't blow up bio rifle goo with weaponsfire in past games. I also fail to see how having goo that can actually stick around for significant periods of time if no one detonates it makes it useless as a trap weapon, compared to 2k4's version which would only stick around for 2 seconds even if you didn't blow it up.

Correction, overpowered shat shooter LOL

The UT4K version dose not go away on hits, radius damage maybe but not by a single bullet, also they "seem" to last just alil bit longer than the UT3 version.

The upside to the UT4K one you spam out the faster primary fire along the ground more than just aim at the target, all the shots stacked so you could keep a couple going from a hiding stop, at max it spewed out lil glops.

Over all the multi purpose use of the Bio rifle was tanked to make it a gop sloper, it has power for only for direct hits and a quick trip shot if you are lucky.

Looking at the code i can make it last longer and balance out the main fire for for quicker shots between that and increased time it will be alot more evil than any retail Bio rifle yet.:eek:

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
The thing is even a newbie to the online gaming scene can use this and still kill someone, even when they've been playing the game a lot longer.

Why would you play a game to get better at it just to get shot down by some newbie

There's nothing in the code that rewards you for playing a game longer. Some people are just naturally better, and so they do well right off the bat. If that's true, they deserve their points.

Also, what makes you think you're playing someone who's new? The fact that they use the GES? It's my favorite weapon, and always has been. (And I've been playing since day 1).

The GES just has a particular playing style that you seem to be susceptible to, and, conversely, not very good at using yourself. If you were skilled with it, you'd know how much skilla GES kill can take, given its long charge time for a full secondary shot, changing ballistic arc, and so on.

Last edited:

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
There's nothing in the code that rewards you for playing a game longer. Some people are just naturally better, and so they do well right off the bat. If that's true, they deserve their points.

Also, what makes you think you're playing someone who's new? The fact that they use the GES? It's my favorite weapon, and always has been. (And I've been playing since day 1).

The GES just has a particular playing style that you seem to be susceptible to, and, conversely, not very good at using yourself. If you were skilled with it, you'd know how much skilla GES kill can take, given its long charge time for a full secondary shot, changing ballistic arc, and so on.

As a ges user do you think lowering the charge time by 10-40% and increasing the stay time by 3X would really bring out the weapons potential?

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Wow. Yeah, but that would be way, way too much potential brought out. I love the weapon, but that would just be a foe-melter.

Zippy labs brings out the untapped or licked potential in all weapons despite reason and logic,sadly he cantz do the samez for code 0-o.

anyway I can work out some balance on it.
these are my trains of thought so far.

up radius alil
lower damage ali
up fire rate alil
2-4X the time out on the glops
make the direct hit on full alt fire take twice as long to kill.

these are things I should be able to ham hock my way through.
How I'd like to do all the glops but the big one is reduce direct damage give it a damage over time(DOT),then use the big one to splash a area with damage and mini "DOT" glops, of course leaving the the time outs up'd so you can use it as a effective trapping weapon even if the gloplets can be shot.

Thos that are on the ground would be mini mines, not nesserly stick and give DOT...mmmmmm but I can only code so much ><.