RIP Robin Williams

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/TW2l4sZ.jpg[/screenshot]

O Me! O Life!
By Walt Whitman
Oh me! Oh life! of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the struggle ever renew’d,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer.
That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

Oh captain, my captain,
Fare thee well.

This and "good will hunting" will always be my favourite robin william movies.
Showed how much of a diverse, natural actor he was.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Yep, neurodegenerative diseases suck.
That has got to be just hellish to face. You are perfectly fine but you know the clock is ticking and there's not anything to be done. I think suicide is sad but if that's how he chose to deal with it then who am I to judge? I saw this in some of the people when I went through treatment. No matter the cost they want to keep final control. It may not be as overt as chewing a gun barrel, instead they may not stop that three-pack-a-day habit or start skipping the doc visits. End result is the same and it's acceptable to them individually because it's their decision to make and sometimes that's all you have.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm a bit late to this topic, but I just wanted to echo my sadness at the loss of Robin Williams. It's so sad to see someone reach a point in their life where they don't see a brighter road ahead.

From a medical standpoint, I hope his chemical imbalances were being dealt with properly, as it would be so much more tragic if this could have been avoided with proper treatment. You have to think his manic/depressive disorder played a part, even if he were also faced with the early onset of Parkinsons disease.

I've watched this guy perform for the last 35 years or so, and I've always been a fan. What an amazing talent.

RIP RW.