Cave Story...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SKShadow4D

Oct 25, 2004
Remember me?
There was a topic long ago with this game.... I should know... I made it
However,I have gotten very far in the game... there is a secret level at the end. It is insanely hard... and only suicidal or skilled people would attempt it...

It is called the Sacred Grounds... Also known as Hell

I can post a video of a speed run if you like

Here is why it's so hard... the first lines...

The counter moved!
A black wind blows through you...
All weapons dropped to level 1!

That, my friends... is the whole difficult part-- that and the fact that the area is littered with traps that kill you in one hit and almost nowhere to stand
Still want a video?
Here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=other_games;action=display;num=1115512590
That is a list of all the game... pick the 2nd to last one
As for level 1 thing... getting hit reduces all your XP for the weapon you have out by double the hit you took... even levelling it down! all of your weapons are incredibly weak at level 1 so only with the weapon that requires no levelling is this level easy... enemy wise
as for the traps... well... the heavy press boss can suprise you... after he dies... he falls... and if you touch the falling boss... you die... even if you touch the side

Last edited: