BDBMapVote & XMaps UT (1)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

marauder2003

Feb 12, 2004
I run a server, it works. Use BDBMapVote3.04 to change maps, works too. Start the server with CTFM (4 team CTF), works OK, but when voted to a 2 team game, i can't get 4 team CTF back, just runs it with 2 teams. When i use XMaps it works OK but BDBMapVote won't work anymore. Is there a way to solve this, i would like to use XMaps in case of need, but want BDBMapVote to change gamemodes.

marauder2003

Feb 12, 2004
BDB said:
I don't understand about the 2 team and 4 team games.
How did you setup CTFM to play 2 and 4 team games ?

I start the server with CTFM and it starts with 4 teams, just like it should. When i vote for a CTF or DOM or DM, whatever, it switches to 2 teams, like it should. After that, when i vote for a CTFM map, there still are only 2 teams while there should be 4 teams.

UnrealTournament.ini is configed OK for all game-modes.

Last edited:

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Oh, right.
The reason is that the CTFM maps are misinterpretted as CTF maps because
the map name prefix is the same - "CTF".
Try changing the PreFixSwap setting in the ini to "MCTF" or "4CTF".
I think that will fix it.

marauder2003

Feb 12, 2004
BDB said:
Oh, right.
The reason is that the CTFM maps are misinterpretted as CTF maps because
the map name prefix is the same - "CTF".
Try changing the PreFixSwap setting in the ini to "MCTF" or "4CTF".
I think that will fix it.

I have not tried it yet but i remembered a warning in my server-log. It was like this :

Warning: Failed to load 'MCTF-Gharden.unr': Can't find file 'MCTF-Gharden.unr'

It's strange because the level is called and named CTFM-Gharden, but BDBMapVote tries to load MCTF-Gharden.

How do i use the PreFixSwap= in the .ini, it isn't well documented, it only says what it does but not how to define it. Must i use : PreFixSwap=CTFM,MCTF or works it in an other way.

Can i place more than one OtherClass in the .ini , and if yes, how do i do that. I want to use MultiTeamCTF, Jailbreak & Monsterhunt.

Last edited:

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
marauder2003 said:
I have not tried it yet but i remembered a warning in my server-log. It was like this :

Warning: Failed to load 'MCTF-Gharden.unr': Can't find file 'MCTF-Gharden.unr'

It's strange because the level is called and named CTFM-Gharden, but BDBMapVote tries to load MCTF-Gharden.

How do i use the PreFixSwap= in the .ini, it isn't well documented, it only says what it does but not how to define it. Must i use : PreFixSwap=CTFM,MCTF or works it in an other way.

Can i place more than one OtherClass in the .ini , and if yes, how do i do that. I want to use MultiTeamCTF, Jailbreak & Monsterhunt.

1. If you set PreFixSwap to MCTF then when it displays the map name "CTFM-Gharden" it will actually display as "MCTF-Gharden".
If this map wins the vote then the server will switch to "CTFM-Gharden" with the MCTF game type instead of the CTF game type.

2. PreFixSwap can only be set to one value not multiples.
example:
PreFixSwap=MCTF

3. No, with this version of MapVote you can only have 1 custom game type.
Sorry.
Upgrade to UT2003 and use MapVote4.00b11 if you want to do this.

Bonehed316

Oct 15, 2001
Florida
Visit site
i made a version of mapvote that has 8 buttons on the client window that allow the user to vote for a set of mutators. each button can be renamed to anything (though not in game yet, will add that one day). There are no bugs, at least none that im aware of. youre welcome to use it. let me konw if you find any bugs. im not sure if it will do what you want it to do, but who knows.

http://www.nightstormer.com/bonehed316/x3dfxMapVote.zip

marauder2003

Feb 12, 2004
I have tried with the new settings but now i have all CTF and CTFM maps double in the mapvote-list as MCTF and MCTFM maps. Think i'm gonna try the x3dfxMapVote i've downloaded right now, thanx for the link, i'll post back to show the outcome of the changes.