review request...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
right..theres this map...its been on nc for a while...but has yet to receace a review...its a largish download, (6 meg) but thats cos of a large texture pack...but its worth the effort. its a great fun map with inspiring design.

well...

heres the catch. its dm-smallsoldiers. david m's forgotten map. he insists it sucks of course...

who wants to prove him officially wrong? ;) varpu? rabid?

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
dunno. what if he doesn't want it to be reviewed. (same issue with anybody else suggesting someone else's map for a review.)
anyway, I hated the movie, but really liked the playstation game. has it got something to do with the dreamworks thing at all?

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
well..he submitted it to the nc review site didnt he?

;)

just review it before he says anything...

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Rabid Wolf

that's so cheaply low, it's almost insulting.
I'll drop david a mail one of these days asking him if he'd mind.

eh?

i was just saying that as your busy varpu might.

lol. peace wolfy. :)

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
it sucks when you wanna play serious

we played it on a lan with 4 ppl....spamfest mode....that was fun
but only for 2matches
well
at least 1000times better than kitchen, bathroom and all the crap with too big open spaces....that just sucks in terms of gameplay

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
its the definative me-small experience.

and wallpaper choices aside, it really looks quite cool.

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
i had to use that wallpaper
you cant use a normal wallpaper in this engine

the engines lighting sucks too much
or instead you could use a 1024x1024 texture... :|
so i used the 'ghey' leopard one

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
actually, i rather like that texture..but its uite the entirior decorating faux pas...

;)

i hate the "me tiny... room big" maps... they are all visually agonizing and flow like a cinder block in a tar river. HOWEVER... DavidM's smallsoldiers is visually impressive... ive DL this map along time ago... i hated it becasue it was a BigRoom style map but damn if he doesnt raise the bar about a million yards for all those lame ass bigroom maps...

Visually the maps attention to detail is mind boggling. The Author left no stone unturned...

Gameplay-wise i'd suggest no more than 2 players for this sick-small twister. they layout is original yet tried and true, space on ground, platform, bridges, all that jazz... but he incorporated it all into the Bedroom map. Unlike the other maps of this style you dont find a strange ramp somewhere and think... Hmmm, i dont have a ramp likethis in my room.... or... what the hell is this trampoline supposed to be???

but it still sux cuz its a bedroom map... :p
but youre alright kiddo!!