DM-1on1-TheCore

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
First off I would like to thank Ironblayde for taking the time to write such a detailed review of my map. With this review I will be able to make my next map even better for you all.

The "pretty wierd" one-trigger-two-pools was a result of bad copy/paste syndrome. The lack of sounds overall was my lack of confidence with my ability to put them in correctly. I will try adding them in more for the my next work.

This was the same result wih the anti-portals. I understand how they work, I just didnt see where to put them to save the frames. With regards to the rather large zone portals, it was the only way I knew to actually stop rendering some of the excessive overdraw above while fighting on the lower tiers of the main arena.

Ah now the bots. At the time of construction I didnt not know how to force a bot to double jump accross a large gap. Thanks to trying to figure out how to get the bots to dodge up ramps I discovered this. I subsequently went back and added it into the map but the bots still cant reach the dammage amp. It is a question I have posted on 3 forums trying to find out how to get a bot to wall dodge. No one knows or seems to care about bots enough to give me a helping answer. I decided to cheat. If my method works you will be facing a very tough opposition in my next map ;)

When finished with my second map I will go back to TheCore with a freash eye and see what I need to upgrade, namely: trims and BSPs. And with any luck TheCore Revision 1 will be a much meaner animal! ;)

Once again thank you for your constructive critisim. It was a great help.

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
You're welcome. I had a good time with TheCore and it's staying in my rotation. I'm looking forward to seeing your next map. :)