P90X BuFers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
I think few people realize that there is a prequel to P90X for us weaker folk. Simply called P90 or Power 90. I was thinking about trying it myself.

But I've been getting some pretty good workouts from my weekly kickball games. :D

Yeah, i would tell people if they aren't sure about P90X that they should go start on the P90 for 3 months, then work on the P90X, then move onto the P90X MC2. People still poking funa t me for my belly which isn't big at all...220lbls. I told them i was going tot h gym, they just all laughed at me, 5 and a half months later they are starting to laugh at me again. :/ I guess it's time to shut them up because it's annoying listening to them.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I'm going to start this next week, wish me luck! I heard the first 2 weeks is killer so i figure i will get the hard part out of the way before i start following everything this has to offer.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm going to start this next week, wish me luck! I heard the first 2 weeks is killer so i figure i will get the hard part out of the way before i start following everything this has to offer.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Do you mean before doing the diet stuff? If so: Don't do that. The first two weeks are killer because 95% of the people doing P90X haven't been doing hour long intense workouts. That's it.

The key to surviving is to TAKE IT EASY. This means that if you can do, let's say, 50 pushups, on the first set of pushups, only go to 25 (if that--20 may be a better place to start). The reason being: you'll be doing 2 sets of pushups, 2 sets of military pushups, 2 sets of wide angle pushups, 2 sets of decline pushups, 2 sets of diamond pushups and 2 sets of divebombers. Most people try to work as hard as they can (because they're idiots) and hurt themselves to the point that moving the next day is next to impossible (and doing an hour long workout beyond their limit). So as long as you take it easy (which means working without slacking off, but knowing your limits and playing it safe), the first 2 weeks aren't going to kill you.

If in the first week, you take it a little too easy, you can easily up how much you do a little bit the next week. No problem, and it won't really take time off your ultimate goals. If in the first week you take it too hard, you're likely to simply quit. Try and follow the diet provided, as, again, most people aren't used to eating healthy, high protein, low sugar diets. If you're having trouble with the first phase of the diet, skip it and move to the second phase (which is better anyways as the first phase is VERY high-protein and low carbs that is fine for impressive seeming results, but isn't very sustainable and gives you less energy than a lower protein (but still all you need), higher carb (which gives you energy for your workouts) diet will--and both will help you lose essentially the same amount of weight/build muscle.

Good luck, and post us some before/after pics.

Mar 6, 2004
Yeah i was meaning i was going to do the workouts but not changing my eating habbits untill i move out and have a new environment. Ok i will skip it untill September. As for pushups, i can barely do 20, i gotta ignore the will to stop and keep going (which i can do). When working out i can actually feel gears, like a "stop now" gear, or a "don't stop...results will happen, just keep pushing", and i can keep going. I always figured you gotta do exactly what they do, so if they did say 50 pushups, you do 50 pushups but hit pause and continue it untill you're done, then resume the next workout following exactly the reps/sets they do. Then do it all over again, but a different way. So i really can stop when i can't go on and write down where i stopped at? i'll bring it, though. I wont stop when i feel tired, i'll stop when i start feeling that pinch, which is past the point you first start feeling tired, but not far enough it will kill you. As for the eating part...i'll follow the book as much as i can but i dunno if Canada will have some of those products, instead of the eggs they want perhaps i'll just buy brown eggs? most of that stuff i have not even heard of and i work in a wearhouse grocery store. I'll also need to find a scale to measure the food and i plan on going to the dollar store and buying a whole crap load of containers for my food, so it's easily sorted and accessable. I've been excited for this for 4 months now! i would have started back in May, but i didn't feel ready. I don't feel ready now but nobody ever is ready for this, but i've been at the gym for the past 6 and a half months and lost 40 pounds from being there, i am now 210.

As for before and after pics...i have big insecurities about posting my fat online for people to see. It's embarrassing enough walking around town knowing i have this all around me, or hell even admit to it online...i don't care about people calling me a fat ass since i am doing something about it, why should i care? but i can't stand the sight of me when i look at myself in the mirror.....Add me to facebook if you wanna see my pictures lol.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=735490050

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Yeah, my advice is to not try and keep up that first week. So try and do every exercise, but when you're too tired/pushing/heartrate is through the roof--stop. Start again on the next exercise, and don't be lame, but don't try and do everything, as you'll kill yourself.

Worst case scenario for not doing enough is that you just up how much you do the next week and you're not really behind. Not EVEN a worst case scenario for doing everything as long as they do is that you are so sore the next day that moving is difficult, let alone trying to do a strenuous, hour-long workout. Since you're not in great shape right now, this is a very, very likely possibility if you push yourself.

What happens if you ease into it is: you aren't painfully sore (you'll still be a bit sore, just doing some exercises you're not used to), you stick with it better and you increase your load until you're working to your limit and not hurting yourself.

Mar 6, 2004
Ok i wanna know 1 thing. I take off my weights on my dumbell bar so it's just a bar and no weights, i try lifting it in the air and i notice my arms wobble side to side, even when i do it slowly. Anyway to fix that before i start p90x? because your arms are not supposed to wobble. It's not that noticible, but my arms sometimes move into eachother, even when i go slowly.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Nah, don't worry about that. Obviously smoother and cleaner is better, but no one is perfect, so this doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Diet is the most important thing for what you want. Some people that just want to be able to lift big weights can get away with having a less than great diet, but you're looking to slim down so you'll only be discouraged when you find out you gain or stay the same weight due to your increased muscle. There's A LOT of bullshit out there but calorie counting is very important and although there are many people against it, it is the most scientifically proven method of weight loss.

That being said, you still want to eat healthy foods as they will give you essential vitamins and they will keep you feeling full for longer than junk food in moderation.

Find out your BMI, factor in calories burned exercising for the week, then determine the amount of food you can take in a day to lose 2-3 lbs a week. Then simply stretch out your meals to 5-6 small meals a day, one of them a protein shake would be good (for after working out).

Follow this and you will lose weight.

EDIT: Also drink water instead of juice and pop. When you're hungry and it's not time to eat, drink water. There's a reason Chinese food buffets serve up the water like mad before you eat. It makes you feel full.

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Cardio burns fat. Period.
Doesn't matter what you're doing as long as your heart rate is 120+ per minute.
Once you are at 120+ you need to maintain or exceed that for at least 20 minutes, at least 3 times a week

Mar 6, 2004
Was about to barf after giving it 150 percent. Finished day 1 week 2 this thing is great!!! Posting this from my iphone. I love p90x how it makes u feel but hate having to push yourself past your limit it's so fucking hard! But worth it.