It's funny what some people do for attention

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well, when PM and email are disabled on the forum, and the person in question never visits IRC, what else is he supposed to do when there's a problem?

I think I know why all that stuff is turned off too, but I won't say it here. MY PM feature is turned on....

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by Nemephosis
Well, when PM and email are disabled on the forum, and the person in question never visits IRC, what else is he supposed to do when there's a problem?

I think I know why all that stuff is turned off too, but I won't say it here. MY PM feature is turned on....

My PM is on, I don't ignore (many) people on IRC, and e-mail is always an OK third option for contacting me.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I say that everyone has their own way/style/personality,and is any one persons way better than anyone elses?maybe,maybe not.I like conversing with diversity

yes,I realize that makes little to no sense what-so-ever.carry on.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Did someone mention 'single' and 'girl' in the same sentence ?

Apart from me...

Personally, i don't do Off Topic much, it seems rather pointless to me....i admit that pictures of cats and stuff are cute, and there's prolly some interesting discussion going on too, but otherwise it seems, imho, like a street where people just hang out, where people talk to others and maybe huddle about in groups, or even throw curses and stones at eachother, pass through with some joy and happiness or trundle along in a cloud of misery....

...but enough of that metaphore.

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Maybe we should have this as part of the Forum FAQ:

Q. Do you think if I respond to any and all threads from cute BUF ladies, I'll make a good impression on them?

A. Listen up. We'll say this once for those of you who haven't gotten it through your head: SHE ISN'T GOING TO SLEEP WITH YOU. Giving undue attention to a forum member online isn't going to get you laid, nor will it even get you to bat, let alone first base. Hell, you don't even know if it's really a she. Treat the ladies like everyone else, as regular forum members, with the same respect as you'd give everyone else. No one likes to watch you slobber over some girl online after she's posted her picture, and even less like to watch you fall all over yourself to give her attention.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by The Dopefish

My PM is on, I don't ignore (many) people on IRC, and e-mail is always an OK third option for contacting me.

:rolleyes:

when that person has email and PM's disabled, and not in IRC, how else are you supposed to bring up any problems with said person.

That better?

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Originally posted by Nemephosis

:rolleyes:

when that person has email and PM's disabled, and not in IRC, how else are you supposed to bring up any problems with said person.

That better?

I was insinuating anything...you just said that your PM feature was turned on and I went from there.

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
You have illustrated my point beautifully.

Originally posted by SIMPLYCOSMICv2.0
Maybe we should have this as part of the Forum FAQ:

Q. Do you think if I respond to any and all threads from cute BUF ladies, I'll make a good impression on them?

A. Listen up. We'll say this once for those of you who haven't gotten it through your head: SHE ISN'T GOING TO SLEEP WITH YOU. Giving undue attention to a forum member online isn't going to get you laid, nor will it even get you to bat, let alone first base. Hell, you don't even know if it's really a she. Treat the ladies like everyone else, as regular forum members, with the same respect as you'd give everyone else. No one likes to watch you slobber over some girl online after she's posted her picture, and even less like to watch you fall all over yourself to give her attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.